Yogurt is a healthy dairy product. Every one loves to have it raw or with spices. You can use plain yogurt to make lassi or spicy matha. Few use it as an ingredient for making several dishes. Seasonal fruit flavoured yogurt is a lip smacking and healthy snack. As it is summer, mangoes are the seasonal fruit that can be used to make flavoured yogurt. Check out the recipe to make homemade mango flavoured yogurt.
Homemade mango flavoured yogurt recipe:
- 2 cups milk
- 1 ½ cup mangoes, peeled and cut into pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- mango syrup (optional)
Directions to make homemade mango flavoured yogurt:
- Boil milk in a pan for 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Till that time, blend the mangoes with little water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste with boiling milk. Stir well to avoid getting lumps. Boil for 5-8 minutes and keep stirring.
- Now add sugar to the pan and cook till the sugar dissolves. Put the pan off flame.
- Pour the milk in small open jars or bowls. Let it cool for 5-8 hours. Refrigerate for 4-6 hours.
Mango flavoured yogurt is ready. Serve it chilled. You can garnish with mango slices on the top.