Mango is the fruit of the season. This juicy fruit pulp adds a different effect to the meal. After hogging spicy and salty dishes, a dessert can finish your meal with its yummy flavour. Apart from having mango shake and cake, you can try these dessert recipes to bring a variety with this fruit.
Mango granita recipe:
Preparation time: 10 Minutes
- Mangoes- 1 cup (peeled and cut into slices)
- Mango syrup- ½ cup
- Lemon juice- 1 tbsp
- Lime zest- 1 tsp
- Vanilla extract- ½ tsp
- Cardamon- 1 tsp (grounded)
- Sugar- 2 tbsp (optional)
- In a medium sized saucepan, mix mango slices and syrup. Heat the pan. Keep stirring constantly so that the syrup thickens.
- Add rest of the ingredients into the pan. Simmer on low flame and let the mixture cook. The mango slices must become soft. When you feel that the syrup has thickened and the mango slices have softened, put the pan off flame. Let it cool.
- Now blend the mixture with little water (if required) until smooth. Strain in a bowl or a flat dish. Freeze it for 2-4 hours.
Mango granita is ready. Serve it chilled after the meal to enjoy the fruity flavoured dessert. If you want to make mango syrup at home, here is the recipe.
Mango syrup recipe:
Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
- Mangoes- 5-8
- Sugar- 5 tbsp
- Water- 1-2 cups
- Wash and peel the mangoes. Cut them into medium sized pieces.
- In a blender, blend the mango pieces with water until smooth. Strain and pour in a bowl.
- Heat a medium sized saucepan. Boil the blended mango mixture for 4-5 minutes on low flame. Stir at short intervals to avoid formation of lumps and burning it.
- When the mixture thickens, add sugar and stir well. Dissolve the sugar and bring the pan off flame. Let it cool.
Mango syrup is ready. Store in a bottle. To make it last for a week, store it in a refrigerator. You can use this fruit syrup over ice cream or a mango mocktail. Make sure you use the syrup within a week. Mangoes spoil easily.