Watermelon being a rich source of vitamins, minerals, lycopene
and other essential nutrients is an ideal food in both raw or
crushed form.And are even available with a red, orange or
yellow flesh.The red ones being more popular is ideal for
making martini's and melody's. As we associate mango to yellow,
similarly for us watermelon means a fruit which is ideally red in
Melon Melody is extremely tangy fruity punch that can go well on all occasions. Let us have a look at the prime ingredients and recipe of Melon Melody.
Ingredients For Melon Melody: (Serves 4)
- Punch Bowl- 1
- Glasses- 4
- Mellon Baller- 1
- Watermelon- ½
- Raspberry Jelly Crystal- 2 packets
- Vanilla Ice Cream- 4 scoops
- Faluda- 50gms
- Crushed Ice- 3 cups
- Mint (pudina) leaves- 10-12
- Cherry- 4
Procedure Of Making Melon Melody:
- Cut the watermelon and remove the skin and the seeds of the melon.
- Use the smaller side of the melon baller to cut the melon into small cubes.
- Now boil the raspberry jelly crystals in about 5-6 cups of water and keep them aside.
- Mix the watermelon cubes and the raspberry jelly in a bowl; refrigerate it until cold.
- Dip the faluda in water for some time and then strain it.
- Keep the strained faluda inside the refrigerator to cool.
- Now take the glasses and put 1 cup of crushed ice into each one of them.
- Put the frozen watermelon and raspberry jelly over the crushed ice in the glasses and then add some faluda over it.
- Again put some frozen watermelon over the faluda.
- Finally, its time to put one scoop of ice cream over each glass.
- For the final garnishing put some mint (pudina) leaves and a cherry on top of each serving glass.
- Your Melon Melody is ready to be served now.
This yummy Melon Melody recipe will surely fetch you compliments both from your family members and guests.