There is a chill in the air and snow on the ground. You can hear the kids in choirs practicing Christmas carols. So, it time to get ready with some cocktail ideas for this Christmas. If you have to be the host of the most popular Christmas party, then you need some special cocktail recipes. And guess what, we have exactly what you need; fresh Christmas cocktails.
The mark of a special Christmas cocktail is that it has an air of celebration to it. One of these recipes is a wine cocktail, namely Santa Style Mulled Wine. As we all know, wine has special significance for Christmas. So, wine cocktails are perfect for the occasion. The Christmas cocktail described here is made of vodka. These cocktails will take the chill out of your bones even in this cold weather
Christmas is all about merry making and bonding with friends and family. The following cocktail recipes are guaranteed to be party favourites during this festive season.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- Vodka- 60 ml
- Cranberry Juice- 60ml (chilled)
- Pomegranate Juice- 60ml (chilled)
- Grenadine- 5ml
- Fresh Mint leaves- 2 sprigs
- Ice- 4 cubes
- Blend vodka and equal portion of juice with a dash of grenadine, mint leaves and ice.
- Pour them into a chilled sugar rimmed margherita glass.
- Once the drink is ready, garnish with half a spoon of sweetened mix pulpy berry fruits and finish with a sprig of mint.
Mulled Wine: Santa Style
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Red Wine of your choice (preferably young and fruity wine)- 150ml
- Demerara Sugar- 5 grams
- Cinnamon Stick- 1
- Grated Nutmeg- 1 pinch
- Dried Bay Leaves- 2
- Ripe orange (halved)- 1
- Brandy/Cognac (Optional)- 30ml
- Add the wine in the saucepan. Add orange, sugar, bay leaf and the spices.
- Heat gently in a low flame until the sugar gets dissolved. Taste to see if you want the wine to be sweeter, and add more sugar to taste if required
- Remove from heat. Stir gently adding brandy/cognac (Optional)
- Strain into heatproof glass and serve at once. It can also be served cold. Throw in a star anise to garnish th drink.
Enjoy your Christmas with these innovative cocktail recipes.