Baked fish is a very easy fish recipe with a few simple ingredients. It can be served as an appetizer and complimentary to the main dish.
Let us look at this simple baked fish recipe.
Ingredients For Making Baked Pomphret (Serves 4):
- Pomphret Fish- 4 (About 200 gms each)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2tbsp
- Onion paste- 2tbsp
- Chopped Onion- 2
- Red Chilli Powder- 1-2tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1½tbsp
- Sugar- 1tbsp
- Curd- 1 cup
- Mustard seeds- 1tsp
- Curry Leaves- 4-5
- Salt to taste
- Vegetable Oil- 2tbsp
Procedure For Making Baked Pomphret:
- Clean the fish properly and make deep slits in it with a knife.
- Now finely mix the ginger garlic paste, onion paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, sugar, curd and salt to taste in a bowl.
- Apply this mixture on all the four fish evenly.
- Make sure that the slits are stuffed well with the fillings.
- Marinate the fish for at least 3 hours.
- Now grease your baking tray with 1tbsp of vegetable oil and place the fish over it.
- Place the tray in the oven.
- Allow it to bake for 40 minutes at 300 degree Fahrenheit.
- After the pomphrets are baked, take them out and place them over 4 separate dishes.
- Now place a frying pan over the gas oven and add 1tbsp of vegetable oil to it.
- Fry the mustard seeds and curry leaves over a medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Now turn off the gas oven.
- Season the baked fish with fried mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Garnish the dishes with chopped onions.
- Your dish is now ready to be served.
Your baked fish is a very fine Parsi recipe that will not only look good but also tastes good. This fish recipe is very easy to make and is also highly relished.