Dal is a preparation of pulses that is highly popular in India. A dal recipe can be made with a lot of varied items. For non-vegetarian lovers the best would be kheema dal. This dal recipe comprises of finely minced meat, pulses and a bit of spices. The yummy taste and aroma of this dal recipe comes from the spices used in it.
You can have kheema dal with either rice or roti. This an awesome and mouth watering Indian recipe that is also liked worldwide. Kheema dal is rather a thick preparation among all the Indian dals. Even if you are a novice in the kitchen, you can easily prepare a kheema dal. So, get ready to sizzle your taste buds with one of this highly popular Indian dals.
Cooking Time: 20-25 minutes
- Chholle Dal (Bengal Gram)- 2 cups
- Kheema- 1kg (mutton)
Onions- 1 ½ (finely sliced)
- Green Chillies- 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbsp
- Red Chilli Powder- ½ tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- ½ tbsp
- Whole Red Chilli- 2
- Bay Leaves- 2
- Garam Masala- ½ tbsp
- Coriander Leaves- 1 cup
- Ghee- 2-3tbsp
- Vegetable Oil- 3-4tbsp
- Salt- To taste
For The Kheema Dal
- Take a pressure cooker over the gas oven and pour 5-6 ups of water and the dal into it. Let it whistle for two times over a high flame. Turn off the flame.
- Open the lid of the pressure cooker after the steam comes out and keep it aside.
- Now take a frying pan over a gas oven and pour the vegetable oil into it. Heat it on a medium flame.
- Now add the onions and fry till over a medium flame until it turns golden brown. Add the green chillies, ginger garlic paste and kheema . Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle the red chilli powder, turmeric powder and some salt to it and stir on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep the kheema masala aside.
- Now take a deep bottomed frying pan over the gas oven and add 2tbsp of ghee to it. Let it heat on a medium flame.
- Add the whole red chillies and bay leaves to it and stir on a low flame for about a minute. Now pour the dal into it and stir well for 2-3 minutes over a low flame. Add the kheema masala to it.
- Keep stirring the whole mixture in the pan for 3-4 minutes till thick. Add the garam masala and 1tbsp ghee. Stir for a minute and bring it down.
For The Serving
- Pour the dal into 6-8 medium sized bowls and garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve it hot with either roti or rice.
This dal recipe is sure to carry away a lot of appreciations.