Egg kothu happens to be one of the most awesome and easy egg recipes. This is actually a spicy scrambled eggs recipe that is ideal for breakfast. The best part of this egg recipe is that it can just be prepared within fraction of minutes. The spices used in this scrambled eggs recipe are very simple and easily available. We will also use a few vegetables for making egg kothu.
Apart from being an excellent breakfast recipe, you can also have egg kothu as an evening snack. This egg recipe has an awesome taste and flavour. So, if you are in a hurry and still want to make a good and nutritious breakfast for your family members try making egg kothu. You can even use this as a stuffing in parathas. Here is an easy recipe for making egg kothu.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 5-10 minutes
- Fennel Seeds- 1tsp
- Onion- 2-3 (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves- ½ cup
- Tomato- 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies- 2 (finely chopped)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 1tbsp
- Turmeric Powder- 1tsp
- Red Chilli Powder- 1tsp
- Lemon Juice- 3-4 drops
- Black Pepper Powder- 1-2tsp
- Coriander Leaves- ½ cup
- Vegetable Oil- 2-3tbsp
- Salt- To taste
- Break the eggs in a small bowl, add some salt and beat well. Keep aside.
- Place the frying pan over gas oven and add the required vegetable oil to it. Keep on a low flame.
- Add the fennel seeds, stir for a minute and then add the chopped onions.
- Fry till golden in colour.
- Now add the curry leaves, tomatoes and green chillies. Stir for 1-2 minutes and then add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, lemon juice and black pepper powder to it. Stir on a low flame for 1-2 minutes and then add the eggs.
- Scramble the eggs properly and stir for 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle chopped coriander and saute for a minute or two.
- Your egg kothu is now ready to be served.
Serve egg kothu hot with a salad or some sauce.