Monsoon is season to rejuvenate all the living things on the planet. It is a refreshing season that makes you feel that beauty tips cane forgotten for some time. However as the intermittent showers pour high, you may notice some uneasiness with the skin. Here are some easy tips to maintain your youthful skin during this monsoon.
One of the major skin care issue during monsoon is the tendency to develop fungal infections in our body folds such as the armpits, groin and the area between our toes. One way to take care of this is to use an anti-fungal soap and the application of anti-fungal powder after bath. Never keep your skin wet for a long time and as you get out of the take a bath in lukewarm water.
If you develop a dry skin during the y season, apply a mixture of rosewater and glycerin on your face before you go to bed every night. You can also make a paste of almond and honey and leave on your face for 20 minutes. This will soften your skin.
The common skin type during the y season is the oily one. Use a water-based moisturiser and make sure you wash your face three times a day. Besan or channa powder mixed with rosewater or milk will also cleanse your skin and soak up the extra oil.
Here are some common skin care tips that you should follow in monsoon:
- Use a non-soapy cleanser that ensures deep pore cleansing to wash away impurities from your skin.
- A non-alcoholic toner incorporated into your basic cleansing regime will prevent skin infections and eruptions.
- Use a face scrub twice a week to exfoliate.
- Avoid heavy moisturizing creams or oily foundations and cream-based colour makeup.
- A face wash containing alpha hydroxyl acid helps to freshen the skin, but do not use it more than once a day.
- Never rub your skin while drying it.
- Don't avoid the sunscreen lotion during the y season. As long as there is daylight, our skin needs protection from UVA and UVB rays.