The spread of acne knows no borders. Just like on the face and back, acne can occur on the chest as well; and it is a very common problem in a lot of people.
Acne comes up on the chest when the hair follicles or pores get clogged with the dead skin cells or oil and get infected by bacteria. Because of the presence of a high quantity of oil-producing glands in the chest area, breakout of acne in that area is more than anywhere else in the body.
Symptoms of chest acne include redness, pain, swelling, skin infections, inflammation, etc. Regarding the reasons, hormonal changes, unhealthy diet, stress problem, excessive smoking and drinking and using too much of cosmetic products can cause chest acne.
There are, however, several home remedies to treat chest acne. Here, we've listed six of them:
1. Lemon: Use this citrus fruit having antibacterial property to fight bacterial infection associated with chest acne. The L-ascorbic acid in lemon juice serves as a natural astringent to dry the acne. Rub a lemon piece directly on the affected area or mix some lemon juice and rose water to apply it on the affected area. However, those having highly sensitive skin should avoid this remedy.
2. Toothpaste: Toothpaste has another good effect and that is to cure acne. Its antibacterial properties neutralise the bacteria and dry the acne caused by the oil glands' overproduction. Apply some toothpaste on the affected area before going to bed and wash it the next morning with cold water. Do this daily till you get the results.
3. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains alpha-hydroxyl acids that help clear skin pores and remove the dead skin cells. This dries out the acne fast. Dilute one part of raw apple cider vinegar with two parts of water. Soak a cotton ball into it and apply it on your body's affected parts. You can also mix apple cider vinegar with green tea, sugar and raw honey. Use this remedy once a week.
4. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera gel includes anthraquinones and flanonoids that dry out the chest acne fast. It also soothes the itchiness and pain associated with acne. Apply the gel to the affected parts of your body and rub it on for some time, so that it penetrates deeper. Leave it to dry. Do this for more than two times in a day, until the acne heals completely.
5. Baking Soda: An excellent exfoliating agent, baking soda removes the dead skin cells and leaves behind a smooth skin. Add one teaspoon of baking soda and a bit of water to form a paste and apply it on the affected area.
6. Turmeric: This is another great agent to treat acne, thanks to its antibacterial and antioxidant properties. Its anti-inflammatory nature cures the inflammation that is caused by the acne. Mix one teaspoon of turmeric powder with rose water to make a paste and apply it on the affected area of your body. Wash it off with lukewarm water.