- 32 min ago Daily Horoscope, 26 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 5 hrs ago Urvashi Rautela, Before Cannes Underwent Reiki Treatment For More Serenity
- 7 hrs ago Got Dandruff On Eyebrows? Here Are 8 Simple Tips To Get Rid Of Eyebrow Dandruff
- 10 hrs ago Elon Musk To Launch Humanoid Robot 'Tesla Optimus' In Three Months
- News Fact Check: How true is this claim about FASTag scam?
- Sports India vs Ireland 1st T20I: Dublin Malahide Stadium Pitch Report, Weather Forecast, Boundary Dimensions, Stats
- Finance Bitcoin Plunges Again Today To US$ 21,093: Volatility Remains
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ravivaar With Star Parivaar Makes It To 2nd Spot; Naagin 6 Drops To 10th
- Education TS EAMCET Hall Ticket 2022 Released At eamcet.tsche.ac.in, Download Admit Card Here
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio N - All Variants Engine & Other Specifications Leaked
- Technology Apple Back To School Offer; Free iPods, Discounts On MacBooks & iPads
- Travel 5 Best Easy Long Weekend Getaways From Delhi
Vedavati is believed to be just another incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi. We know that the story of Ramayana revolves around the destruction of the demon king Ravana. Sita became the main reason for his enmity with Lord Ram. But do you know that the destruction was pre-destined?
Yes, the death of Ravana at the hands of Lord Rama was pre-destined, though the reason was Sita again, but in another incarnation of hers in the previous birth. We have brought to you a story, which tells that the real reason behind Sita's abduction and then ultimately Ravana's death was Vedavati's curse.
The story goes back to the days when a girl named Vedavati was meditating in a forest. Vedavati was the daughter of a Brahmarishi Kushadhwaja, who is believed to be the son of Lord Brihaspati. It is said that soon after the girl was born, she had learned the Vedas. Due to this, she came to be known as Vedavati.
She was a beautiful girl who was particularly inclined towards the worship of Lord Vishnu. When she grew up, this inclination in the form of worship, developed into her love for him. Hence, she wanted to marry him. With the aim of pleasing the deity, her beloved, Lord Vishnu, she decided to perform a hard penance.
The Demon Wished To Marry Her
Though her parents disagreed with her idea, she was desperate about it. Hence, she went to live in a forest against their wishes. However, they later supported her and stayed with her in the ashram. One day, when she was sitting in deep meditation, a demon came who presented his desire to marry her. But she denied, upon which the demon killed her parents and went away. The girl Vedavati now started living alone in the ashram.
Lord Vishnu Blessed Her
When the Lord was pleased by her penance, he appeared before her and asked the reason for her hard meditation. Vedavati told him that she wanted to have Lord Vishnu as her husband. However, Lord Vishnu said that it was not possible in this life of hers.
He blessed her that she would become his consort in her next life. Vedavati, however, already had renounced the world in order to marry him, therefore, continued as his devotee in the form of an aesthetic.
Ravana And Vedavati
Another day when nobody was around, Ravana who was one of the most feared demons of those times, happened to pass by. As he saw the beautiful girl Vedavati sitting peacefully in deep meditation, he was mesmerized by her beauty.
With a desire to marry her, it is said that he went there and expressed himself to her. But when the girl denied his proposal, he went nearer and held her by her hair. This act of Ravana enraged the girl, and she cut off her hair. She cursed him for attacking her chastity, saying that one day she will become the reason for his destruction. In order to protect herself from Ravana, she jumped into a fire.
Vedavati As The Daughter Of Janak
However, the curse that she gave to Ravana was destined to be true. She was later born as the daughter of King Janak of Janakpuri. And as Lord Vishnu had promised her, she was then married to Lord Vishnu in the form of Lord Rama. When Ravana abducted Sita, she became the reason for his death at the hands of Lord Rama.
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 26 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsBakrid (Eid-al-Adha) 2022: Date, Time, Cuisine, History, Significance, And Celebrations
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 25 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- zodiac signsMars Transit In Aries On 27 June 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 24 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 23 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsAshada Masam 2022: Why This Month Is Considered Inauspicious
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 22 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsAshada Masam 2022: Dates, Time, Beliefs, Rituals, Significance And Celebrations
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 21 June 2022: Check Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsCan We Eat Non-vegetarian Food After Satyanarayan Puja?
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 20 June 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs