- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Thiranarindhu thaerndhu kolal
The king should carefully and selectively opt for the friendship
Of ethically oriented and wise counselors.
A good king will choose as his friends and advisers ethically oriented wise men of ripe scholarship, who have 'grown old in righteousness" for says the Bible;
'Wisdom flows from the mouth of the Righteous"
all great kings" courts had a galaxy of such wise men in the past.
Only the Ruler will base his government on righteous principles and shine steadfast like the polestar among the other stars, as envisaged by King Fu Tse.
Valluvar has prescribed for the king"s choice of friendship. 'Aranarintu mutta arivudaiyaar'
The wise men of learning fit to be the king"s friends are described as ethically oriented aranarindhu and mature 'mootha' men of wisdom.
The Poet in many places distinguishes between the two words 'aram' (the state of Dharma or of absolute good) and 'aran' (The practice of Ethics).
In Arathupal Valluvar emphasises (aram) as a concept, but in Porutpal, the practice of it as (aran) is what is projected.
Among the commentators, Kalingar alone draws particular attention to the discerning of wise counselors, who have proven knowledge of dharma and adequate maturity.
In this context, it is relevant to recall Valluvar"s own later Kural dealing with Delegation, which effectively explains this process of choosing capable wise men, who can be trusted.