- News NSA Ajit Doval reaches north-east Delhi, to take stock of situation
- Movies Pictures: Niveditha Gowda And Chandan Shetty Dazzle At Their Wedding Reception!
- Sports ISL 2019-20: Chennaiyin FC vs NorthEast United FC: Chennaiyin to face Goa after NorthEast draw
- Finance GOI Savings Taxable Bonds: An Alternative To Fixed Deposits
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones For Rs. 799
- Automobiles New 2020 Honda Dio BS6 Launched In Bangalore: Prices Start At Rs 64,584
- Travel 8 Best Summer Beach Destinations In India
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
vanmaiyu lellaan thalai
A king, wise enough to have men of greater wisdom than he to advise him,
Shall be a really powerful ruler.
V V S Iyer translates the kural in Biblical language as follows:
“If those that are worthier than thyself have become thy intimates, thou hast acquired a strength, before which all other strength paleth".
It needs a certain greatness in the king himself, to recognise and be intimate with great men of true learning and ability and to abide by their advice. In his Arthasastra, Kautilya also underscores the same idea, dealing with the need for the eking to cultivate friendship with the elders. (Book I, Ch.5)
this strength of able friends on his side will prove to be more powerful than all the vast armies and impregnable fortresses, according to Parimel Azhagar.