- 4 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 7 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 8 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 8 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Mammootty's Bilal: Here's An Exciting Update!
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Kuthuoakka seertha idaththu.
Bide your time in the manner of the stork waiting for its suitable prey,
But when the prey is spotted, act with swift and sure aim
This translation, to some extent, follows Rajaji"s
In kurals 487 and 488, the poet"s advice is to be patient and bide your time till the right opportunity occurs. And when it does, it must be seized and exploited with alacrity. It is in such a context, that the present comparison with the stork should be understood and appreciated.
It takes its position and appears to wait in a disinterested fashion for the suitable prey, and when it spots one, it does not hesitate. It pounces on it with swift and sure aim.
The following relevant passage from Vakkundam is familiar to most of us.
“Oadu meen oada urumeen varumalavum
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 489, Thiruvalluvar points out to wait till the right time for the right opportunity and to act immediately when it arises. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading mass.