- 1 hr ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 14 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 18 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- News Bengal lockdown: Shootings of TV serials, films to halt from today
- Movies Khiladi: Ravi Teja-Arjun Sarja’s Action Thriller To Get A Direct OTT Release?
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Kuthuoakka seertha idaththu.
Bide your time in the manner of the stork waiting for its suitable prey,
But when the prey is spotted, act with swift and sure aim
This translation, to some extent, follows Rajaji"s
In kurals 487 and 488, the poet"s advice is to be patient and bide your time till the right opportunity occurs. And when it does, it must be seized and exploited with alacrity. It is in such a context, that the present comparison with the stork should be understood and appreciated.
It takes its position and appears to wait in a disinterested fashion for the suitable prey, and when it spots one, it does not hesitate. It pounces on it with swift and sure aim.
The following relevant passage from Vakkundam is familiar to most of us.
“Oadu meen oada urumeen varumalavum
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 489, Thiruvalluvar points out to wait till the right time for the right opportunity and to act immediately when it arises. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading mass.