- 1 hr ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 3 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 16 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- News Record 21 COVID-19 deaths reported in Meghalaya
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Movies Radhe Overseas Day 3 Box Office Collection
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Vaelaal mukatha kaliru
On marshy ground,where the foot sinks, even a fox can beat a mighty elephant,
With fearless eyes on his majestic face, and two spears too of ivory.
The bravery and majesty of the elephant, with his ivory tusks, is described in some detail in this Kural, to bring out the unfortunate plight of this grand creature being caught helplessly in the midst of a marshy bog, and being ignominiously killed by an insignificant fox.
V V S Iyer interprets the phrase, involving (Vetal) to mean an elephant, which is naturally fearless, and has earlier faced a host of men with spears.