- 2 hrs ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 17 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- News Goa Medical College: Oxygen supply streamlining, says Health minister; Toll reaches 83
- Sports Former Saurashtra cricketer, BCCI referee Rajendrasinh Jadeja passes away due to COVID-19
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Urainilattotu ottal aritu
Although they may lack fortresses and armies it will not be easy,
To attack and dislodge people in their own homesteads.
In all wars, invading armies have had this experience. The local people may have no proper defences and other advantages on the one side, nor numbers and weapons of offensive strategy on the other side. But the invading army will find it difficult to defeat and overcome the people on their own native soil. This happened in France during the two World Wars, as a result of which resistance movements flourished and ultimately prevailed.
Winston Churchill gave expression to this thought in so many words to encourage his country men, when Hitler, who had already occupied France, was just one step away from London. He exhorted the British to fight on the beaches and landing grounds, streets and all ages and to defend defend their homes. It was with reference to this famous exhortation that President John Kennedy made the interesting statement:
“Churchill harnessed the English language and sent it to war against Hitler."
This comment was otherwise relevant too as the British had nothing else to fight with at that tie.