- 1 hr ago On Vicky Kaushal’s Birthday, His Super-Cool Hairstyles From Masaan, Manmarziyaan, And Sanju
- 4 hrs ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 17 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- Movies Amazon India Launches MiniTV – A Free Video Streaming Service
- News Andamans: COVID-19 tally now at 6.568
- Sports As IPL put on hold young Jharkhand batsmen Saurabh, Virat support PPL in steel city
- Technology Looking For COVID-19 Vaccine Slot? These CoWIN Tips Might Be Useful
- Finance Post Office Vs Bank Deposits: Why Post Office Is Better Choice?
- Automobiles Datsun Cars Offers & Discount For May 2021: Up To Rs 40,000 Benefits Across Models
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Tunniyar tunnic ceyin
Your enemy will not achieve his planned victory over you,
If you give battle from a well-protected place of vantage.
The enemy"s plans will be effectively foiled, if the theatre of war is of your own choice, and your forces are well-entrenched. In such a context, the forces so deployed by you will count for much more than their actual number.
Parimel Azhagar and the other commentators would imply that defensive fortifications, though not specifically mentioned, are very much in the poet"s mind when he says “tunniyar tunnic ceyin," The idea apparently is that successful warfare, when looked at from the angle of defence, would include development of one"s forces in known and familiar terrain of one"s own choice,in conjunction with suitable entrenchments and fortifications.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place or fortification to defend oneself from one's enemies . In Kural 494, he says that the enemies will not be able to emerge victorious when one's forces are well entrenched.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. Read Thirukural with meaning in English, Kural 494 where Thiruvalluvar talks about the importance of defensive fortification. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading public.