- News Chicago flights halted due to sprawling winter storm; plane slides off Kansas City taxiway
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Movies Jonty Rhodes' Reaction While Watching Gully Boy: 'I Laughed, Cried And Had Goosebumps'
- Finance SBI Slashes Recurring Deposit Rate
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Poatraar kan poatriceyin
Even with a weaker force you will still prevail against a stronger army
If you choose the right place ad operate with care.
This translation is based on Rajaji"s elaborate interpretation. He says that you may be weaker in your army, but if you choose the right theatre to give battle, and if your operations of war are designed and executed with great care, you may easily win, as if you had a much bigger army at your disposal.
The expression “Poatraar kan poatri" would mean that you should be in a position to foresee and appreciate, in some detail, what the enemy is likely to do and effectively forestall him, according to Parithi. This is obviously the essence of military strategy, which Valluvar was fairly conversant with apparently.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place to carryout one's plans. In Kural 493, he states that even a weaker force can achieve success, while carrying out operations from the right place.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 492, Thiruvalluvar points talks about the importance of defensive fortification. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading public.