- 14 min ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 13 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 17 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Dhanush's D43: Here Is An Exciting Update On The Karthick Naren Directorial!
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Poatraar kan poatriceyin
Even with a weaker force you will still prevail against a stronger army
If you choose the right place ad operate with care.
This translation is based on Rajaji"s elaborate interpretation. He says that you may be weaker in your army, but if you choose the right theatre to give battle, and if your operations of war are designed and executed with great care, you may easily win, as if you had a much bigger army at your disposal.
The expression “Poatraar kan poatri" would mean that you should be in a position to foresee and appreciate, in some detail, what the enemy is likely to do and effectively forestall him, according to Parithi. This is obviously the essence of military strategy, which Valluvar was fairly conversant with apparently.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place to carryout one's plans. In Kural 493, he states that even a weaker force can achieve success, while carrying out operations from the right place.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 492, Thiruvalluvar points talks about the importance of defensive fortification. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading public.