- Movies Khatron Ke Khiladi 10: Meet Darr Ki University's Professor Rohit Shetty And His Students
- News Anti-CAA stir: Court grants bail to 14 arrested for violence in Muzaffarnagar
- Finance Here’s How Video KYC For Bank Account Opening Works
- Sports Sania Mirza and Nadiia Kichenok grab Hobart International title
- Technology Microsoft India Announces Discount For Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Live Gold Price Subscription
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Aakkam palavum tharum
Even if your force is of diverse nature, motivated and strong,
Defensive fortifications do give added strength.
May be in its organization and equipment, your force is widely different, well organized and stronger. May be, it is well motivated and has high morale too. All the same, in many ways, defensive fortifications could render your position and that of your army much stronger. This Kural emphasises the importance of defensive fortifications for a king.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place to carryout one's plans. In Kural 492, he stresses on defensive fortification.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 492, Thiruvalluvar points talks about the importance of defensive fortification. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading public.