- 20 min ago Weekly Horoscope: 16 May To 22 May
- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 16 May 2021
- 13 hrs ago Akshaya Patra Starts COVID-19 Relief Feeding Centre In Bengaluru, Home Minister of Karnataka Launches the Prog
- 17 hrs ago Eid ul-Fitr: Sania Mirza Flaunts A Dark Green Suit, Gives Us A Twinning Moment With Her Son; Pictures Inside!
- Finance Why Mutual Funds Are Showing 1-Year Returns of 70-80%?
- Sports Juventus 3-2 Inter: Cuadrado scores twice as Bianconeri keep top-four hopes alive
- News Covid-19 vaccine: India to have 51.6 crore doses by July, says Harsh Vardhan
- Movies Dhanush's D43: Here Is An Exciting Update On The Karthick Naren Directorial!
- Education IIIT-Delhi Announces Season 5 Of The Summer Camp For Government School Students
- Automobiles Hero MotoCorp To Resume Operations From May 17 In A Staggered Manner In The Country
- Technology Oppo Find X3 Pro Mars Exploration Edition With 65W Charging Launched: Coming To India?
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Gujarat In May
Aakkam palavum tharum
Even if your force is of diverse nature, motivated and strong,
Defensive fortifications do give added strength.
May be in its organization and equipment, your force is widely different, well organized and stronger. May be, it is well motivated and has high morale too. All the same, in many ways, defensive fortifications could render your position and that of your army much stronger. This Kural emphasises the importance of defensive fortifications for a king.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place to carryout one's plans. In Kural 492, he stresses on defensive fortification.
Thirukural is an ethical treatise belonging to Tamil classical literature, written by Thiruvalluvar. In Kural 492, Thiruvalluvar points talks about the importance of defensive fortification. Ramanandha Adigalar Foundation with the English translation of Thirukural has made it available for a larger reading public.