- 5 hrs ago Flaxseeds For Weight Loss: Ways To Add It To Your Diet
- 8 hrs ago Tamil Actress Ramya Pandian Graces Cook With Comali Show In A Blue Khadi Linen Sari
- 9 hrs ago Shraddha Kapoor And Rakul Preet Singh's Street-Style Looks Are Something To Look Forward To
- 9 hrs ago Instagram Beauty Looks Of The Week: Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor And More
- Movies Lions Gold Awards 2020 Winners List: Shaheer, Hina, Jennifer, Shraddha, Dheeraj & Others Bag Awards
- News Karan Johar, Ekta Kapoor, Kangana Ranaut awarded the 'Padma Shri'
- Sports Mary Kom conferred with Padma Vibhushan, Sindhu gets Padma Bhushan
- Technology Airtel Vs Reliance Jio Vs Vodafone: Best Prepaid Plans That Offers 3GB Data
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Automobiles TVS iQube Electric Scooter Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 1.15 Lakh
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Idankanda pinal ladhu
It is unwise to start on an operation without deciding on a suitable arena for it,
It will further be foolish to under-estimate the enemy.
The essence of this Kural, however, is best rendered in the free translation provided by V V S Iyer as follow:
“Provoke no war and begin no operation, except after making a thorough reconnaissance of the theatre of operations."
Rajaji"s interpretation of this Kural is more detailed. He would say that till you find a place suitable for surrounding the opposing force, the attack should not be begun. Further, you should not also make the fatal mistake of under-estimating the enemy"s strength.
The message of the kural is primarily intended for the king. But all the guidelines in this, and the following verses, will be equally applicable to all thinking men in respect of any enterprise they want to embark upon.
Thiruvalluvar discusses about the importance of the right place to carryout one's plans.