- 2 hrs ago Daily Horoscope 14 December 2019
- 11 hrs ago What The--! Thousands Of Penis Fishes Found On California Beach
- 11 hrs ago Scientists Develop Once-a-month Contraceptive Pill, Human Trials To Be Done Soon
- 12 hrs ago A 78-Year-Old Pensioner Gets A Christmas Surprise And The Video Will Move You To Tears
- Technology List Of Most Searched 'How To' Guides On Google In India In 2019
- Movies Arjun Kapoor Faced 3 To 4 Rejections From Aditya Chopra Before He Cracked Ishaqzaade Audition
- Sports Injured Bhuvneshwar Kumar may miss the ODI series against West Indies
- News Refineries shut, fuel crisis likely in Northeast if agitation continues
- Automobiles New 2020 Suzuki Hayabusa Launched In India: Priced At Rs 13.75 Lakh
- Finance Prince Pipes To Launch IPO On Dec 18
- Travel Tips To Have A Local Experience When Travelling Or Moving Overseas
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Ennap paduvathon ranru.
Avarice, which is the denial of all charitable inclinations in man,
Is not just vice; it is the worst.
V V S Iyer would say:
“Close-fisted parsimony is not a vice to be classed
with other vices; it formeth a class apart."
The expression 'Patrullam' is a telling one describing the grasping attitude of the greedy miser.
The word 'errullum' is a poetic distortion of the full word 'evarrullum', meaning among all these vices.
'Kambaramayanam' provides an effective parallel as follows:
“Ullaparum pinipiraa uloabam onrumae
Allaparum gunangalai azikku maaru poal" (Kambaramayanam; Thaadakai, 43)