- 12 min ago What Does Your Handshake Reveal About Your Personality
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 18 January 2020
- 13 hrs ago What Causes Vitamin B12 Deficiency And How To Treat It
- 14 hrs ago Common Myths And Its Facts About Diabetes
- Finance Gold Steady Even As Stock Markets Around World Hit Record Highs
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite India Launch Confirmed For January 21
- Movies Game Of Thrones Spin Off 'House of The Dragon' To Air In 2022
- Sports KL Rahul gets thumbs up from Kuldeep, watches videos of Steve Smith, AB de Villiers
- News NBF brings financial accountability in BBMP to the fore after 5 years of relentless fight
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
You may be sitting alone on the seaside, for example, in a holiday mood, thinking of nothing in particular. Suddenly you behold a late moon rising from the eastern sky. If your mind is not preoccupied with other thoughts, and you are relaxed, don't you feel that there is an "ah", a voiceless majesty, a wordless and inexpressible poetry, a compelling charm, an irresistible magic (of the silent mind) in the very same vision that you have seen from your childhood onwards and which is really nothing new?
Study the scriptures seriously. Once you have their ideas in your mind, start putting them into practice through the various yogas of bhakti, karnla, jnana, and so on. By all these methods, the mind becomes subtle. The subtler the mind, the deeper is the study of the scriptures. Then the mind understands more of the relative postion between the Brahman and the world - jiva,jagat, and Isvara. Once the relative positions are known by the mind, then whether your eyes are closed or open, it does not matter.
You are transported into an awareness of the omnipresence of the dynamic Divine. No teacher can give you this comprehension. No God can bless you with this awareness.
To be continued
About the author
Swami Chinmayananda discusses about the ultimate Brahman experienced in the silent mind in this article which is an expert from his write up, 'The Highest Truth'