- 28 min ago Shani Asta 2022: Know The Effect Of Shani Tara Asta On These Four Zodiac Signs
- 58 min ago COVID-19 Treatment: Govt Issues Revised Guidelines On Use Of Drugs, Therapies
- 1 hr ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 16 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Telugu Titans Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Automobiles Skoda Slavia Delivery Timeline Revealed: Deliveries To Commence From March Onwards
- Movies Gehraiyaan: Deepika Padukone Reveals Why Working On Shakun Batra's Film Set Is Exhausting
- Finance 3 Stocks To Buy With Strong Balance Sheets & Healthy Dividend Yields
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Global Launch Set For January 26
- News India logs over 2.82 lakh new cases, 441 deaths in last 24 hours
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Saphala Ekadashi is one of the 24 Ekadashis in a year. As we know Ekadashis are observed by the devotees of Lord Vishnu, people on Saphala Ekadashi will be worshipping Lord Vishnu and seek His blessings. This year Saphala Ekadashi will be observed on 9 January 2021 and it is going to be the first ekadashi in 2021. Today we are here to tell you more about this festival.
Date And Muhurta
As per the HIndu Panchang, every year Saphala Ekadashi is observed on Ekadashi tithi of Krishna Paksha in the month of Pausha. This year the festival will be observed on 9 January 2021. The Ekadashi tithi will begin at 09:40 am on January 2021 and will end at 07:17 pm on 9 January 2021. The Parana time will be from 7:15 AM to 9:21 AM on 10 January 2021. However, the Parana dwadashi will end at 04:52 pm. For those who don't know, Parana refers to the time when the ekadashi fast is broken and normal food is consumed.
- Devotees of Lord Vishnu should wake up early and clean their house and the place where they will be doing the puja.
- They should then take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- After this, they should offer Arghya to Lord Surya and seek His blessings.
- Now people should begin worshipping Lord Vishnu and offer Him fruits, flowers, haldi, kumkum and yellow cloth.
- They should then begin their fast and chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu throughout the day.
According to the Vrat Katha, there was a king named Mahismati who had five sons. His eldest son was of loose moral and often insulted Gods and religious activities. Soon he got habituated to consuming intoxicants and stealing money and valuables from his father's kingdom. As a result, he was thrown out of his father's kingdom. One day the soldiers of the king caught the eldest son, while he was looting the people of his father's kingdom.
Ashamed of his moral conduct, he started living under an old peepal tree in a deep jungle. One winter morning, he became too sick. After gaining consciousness, he went deep into the jungle and brought some fruits. He kept those fruits under the peepal tree and prayed to Lord Vishnu. He asked the deity to forgive him for his moral conduct and past deeds. Soon, he gained insight and was accepted by his kingdom's people. He grew into a better and learned human and was married to a princess.
- Devotees of Lord Vishnu listen to the Vrat Katha of Saphala Ekadashi and worship Lord Vishnu.
- They offer the prayers and chant the mantras of Lord Vishnu.
- Some of the devotees of Lord Vishnu observe Nirjala fast on this day.
- Consuming rice and dishes prepared from the same.
- Married couples should observe abstinence on ekadashi.
- Getting into unnecessary fights and arguments should be avoided.
- festivalsSaphala Ekadashi 2021: Date, Puja Time, Rituals, Worship Method And Significance
- festivalsEkadashi 2022 Dates, Timings, Rituals And Significance
- festivalsKamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsKamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsPapmochani Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance
- faith mysticismParama Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsPadmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsNirjala Ekadashi 2021: Here’s The Date, Muhurta, Rituals & Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsVaikuntha Ekadashi 2020: Puja Vidhi And Vrat Katha
- festivalsVaikuntha Ekadashi 2020: Know About The Date, Time And Significance
- festivalsPapmochani Ekadashi 2019 Dates, Time, Vrat and Pooja Vidhi
- festivalsJaya Ekadashi Vrat Vidhi, Puja Vidhi, Rules and Benefits