- 35 min ago Hair Dusting: New Hair Cutting Technique You Should Know About
- 2 hrs ago What Is Khosta-2? Everything You Need To Know About The COVID Vaccine-Resistant Virus Detected In Russia
- 3 hrs ago Mrunal Thakur's Secret To Spotless Skin: Get That Subtle Glow!
- 4 hrs ago Navratri 2022 Day 7: Ananya Panday To Shraddha Kapoor, Orange Navratri Outfits Guide From Bollywood Actresses
- Movies Shaheer Sheikh, Drashti Dhami To Mrunal & Ankita- TV Actors Who Refused Big Bollywood Offers
- News Rajasthan political crisis: Ashok Gehlot speaks to Sonia Gandhi over phone, meets MLAs
- Travel List Of 7 Wonders Of The New World
- Finance How Many Free Cash Withdrawals Allowed In 1-Month In SBI, PNB, And HDFC ATMs
- Education 1647 vacancies in Himachal HPSSC: Know Eligibility, How to Apply, Salary and Details of Vacancy
- Sports PKL 2022: Gujarat Giants coach Ram Mehar Singh claims his team will focus on process rather than results
- Automobiles The Volkswagen Gen.Travel Is A Look Into Our Relaxing Autonomous Future
- Technology Xiaomi Notebook Pro 120G Review: Laptop That Fits Most People's Bill
India is known for its diversity for centuries and people from numerous cultures have made this country their home. The holy month of Ramadan is approaching and it holds immense significance for people from the Muslim community. It is during this time, people observe fast (roza) and avoid consuming external food or water after Sehri or Suhoor (Sunrise) or before the Iftar (Sunset) during the entire month.
This entire month is considered extremely holy and the purity of the body is taken care of throughout the month. It is believed that this month increases the tolerance of a person and purifies the soul and body.
Ramadan 2022: Start Date, End Date and Sighting Of Moon
Ramadan is celebrated for a whole month and it ends with the festival of Eid-ul-Fitr. Ramadan will start on 02 April and end on 02 May, along with Eid festival will be celebrated on 03 May. This year, Ramadan may begin in India on the evening of 01 or 02 April and the first fast will be observed on 03 April 2022, depending upon the sighting of the crescent moon.
Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Turkey and other Arab states in the Middle East will sight the Ramadan 2022 moon (Ramadan Moon Sighting 1443) today i.e. Friday, 01 April 2022, reported Saudi Press Agency (SPA)
Ramadan 2022: Why Is Fasting Observed?
It was in the month of Ramadan that the first verse of the holy Islamic text, the Quran, was unveiled to the Prophet Muhammad. After this, the tradition of fasting this month, considering it holy, started. Among the five basic principles of Islam, the fifth principle is fasting along with prayer, charity, faith and Hajj. However, children, pregnant women, sick and old people are exempted from fasting. In this holy month, all kinds of evil thoughts, negative energy can be kept away if fasting is done with faith in Allah and a pure heart.
Ramadan 2022: Significance And Celebrations Of Chaand Raat
The month of Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, it is called Shab-e-Qadr. Eid-ul-Fitr is celebrated on the first day of the tenth month. Fasting is observed throughout the month of Ramadan, with each day of fasting beginning in the early morning called Sahari. The fasting of Ramadan ends in the evening after sunset which is called iftar. In this month, teachings related to self-restraint, sacrifice, charity, sympathy, and closeness to Allah are imbibed by following the instructions in the religion.
In the month of Ramadan, elderly people preach to the young generation about leading a good life and following Dharma. Along with this, one needs to fulfil the needs of others by minimizing their own needs. It is believed that offering food to the needy at the time of Iftar gives freedom from sins.
The festival of Eid is celebrated with great pomp on the last day of Ramadan, on this day people thank Allah for their patience for the entire month of Ramadan. People wear new clothes, give Idi to their children and exchange gifts and sweets among themselves.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky doesn't confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- faith mysticismRamadan 2022: A List Of Things To Do And Avoid During Fasts In The Holy Month
- festivalsHappy Ramadan 2022: Eid Mubarak Quotes And Wishes That You Can Share With Your Loved Ones
- recipesDiabetic-Friendly Recipes For Ramadan: How To Prepare Banana-Pecan Oatmeal Cups
- recipesMango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- decorEid Mubarak: 5 Home Decor Ideas for Eid Al-Fitr 2022
- recipesQuick Ramadan Recipe For Iftar: How To Prepare Savory And Crispy Keema Samosa
- recipesRamadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Mango Kesari During The Festival
- recipesRamadan Special Sweets: How To Prepare Carrot Kalakand
- lifeEid-Ul-Fitr 2021: Cool Gift Ideas For Your Loved Ones Within Budget
- faith mysticismJamat-Ul-Vida 2021: Know About The Last Friday Of Ramadan
- bollywood wardrobeEid ul-Fitr 2021: Gauahar Khan, Divyanka Tripathi And Others’ Pretty Palazzo Sets Could Be Your Festive Look
- wellnessRamadan Amidst COVID-19: How To Keep The Spirit Of The Festival Alive Along With Staying Healthy