- 1 hr ago Mother’s Day 2021: Bake A Sooji Cake For Your Mother
- 3 hrs ago Tere Naam And M.S. Dhoni Actress Bhumika Chawla Exudes Soothing Vibes With Her Latest Outfit
- 4 hrs ago House Of The Dragon Actress Olivia Cooke’s Cute High Ponytail Hairstyle Gives Retro Feel; Pictures Inside!
- 5 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Things That You Can Donate On This Day
- Finance Silver Outruns Gold In Returns In The Week To May 7, 2021: Can The Trend Continue?
- Automobiles Honda Cars Discounts In May 2021: Up To Rs 27,000 Benefits Available On Select Models
- Sports Indian team to leave for UK on June 2, players will have families for company on marathon tour
- News MK Stalin seeks 500 MT oxygen allocation from Centre for Tamil Nadu
- Movies Latest TRP Ratings: Ghum Hai Kisikey Pyaar Meiin Retains 2nd Spot; Saath Nibhaana Saathiya 2 Returns To Top 5
- Education IIIT Delhi Offering PG Diploma in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
- Technology Amazon Mother’s Day Quiz Answers: Here's Your Chance To Bag Rs. 25,000 Amazon Pay Balance
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
For people belonging to the Hindu community, the Ram Navami festival holds great importance. The festival marks the birth anniversary of Lord Rama. This year it will be observed on 21 April 2021. Devotees across the world will be worshipping Lord Rama with dedication and devotion. Today we are here to tell you more about this festival in detail. Scroll down the article to read on.
Date And Muhurta
Every year the Navami tithi of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Chaitra is observed as Ram Navami. This year the date falls on 21 April 2021. The Navami tithi will begin at 12:43 am on 21 April 2021 and will stay till 12:35 am on 22 April 2021. The Ram Navami festival will begin at 11:02 am on 21 April 2021 and will stay till 01:38 pm on 21 April 2021. Devotees will be worshipping Lord Rama during this muhurta.
- On this day, devotees should wake up early and perform their daily routine.
- Clean the house and the place where puja will be performed.
- After this, they need to take a bath and wear clean clothes.
- Make sure you bring tulsi and lotus flowers for doing the puja. If not lotus flower, then you can also use Parijat flowers as these are extremely dear to Lord Rama.
- Begin the puja of Lord Rama and offer Him tulsi leaves, flowers, Ganga Jal, roli, moli, fruits, yellow cloth, curd, ghee and milk.
- Chant the mantras and perform the havan.
- Perform the aarti of Lord Rama and then ask the youngest female in the family to apply tilak on everyone's forehead.
- You can also organise kirtan and recite the Ramraksha Stotram.
- As per the Hindu religious texts, Lord Rama was born on the Navami tithi of Shukla Paksha in the month of Chaitra.
- Lord Rama was the eldest son of King Dashrath who had three wives namely Kaushalya, Sumitra and Kaikeyi. Queen Kaushalya had given birth to Lord Rama.
- The celebrations of Ram Navami are considered to be spectacular in Ayodhya.
- During the Ram Navami celebrations, devotees of Lord Rama come to Ayodhya from all over the country.
- On this day, devotees of Lord Rama take part in kirtan, social service and distributing foods to the needy and poor people.