- 10 hrs ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- 10 hrs ago Airport Fashion: Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Other Actresses Show Us How To Look Comfortably Chic
- 14 hrs ago Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
- 14 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Latest Look Is About Blending Sportswear With Traditional Couture
- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Vasant Panchami, also known as Basant Panchami is observed on the fifth day of Magha, a month according to the Hindu Calendar. The day marks the onset of Spring season and in Hindu mythology, this day is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati, the Goddess of knowledge, art, music and wisdom. Hence, we also call it as Saraswati Puja. On this day, people worship Goddess Saraswati and seek blessings from her. In 2021, the festival will be celebrated on Tuesday, February 16.
As we know, no Puja is complete without offerings and therefore, today we are here to tell you about the 5 different kinds of offerings that you can offer to Goddess Saraswati and their importance. In order to know what are those things, scroll down the article to read more!
1. Yellow And White Flowers
It is believed that Goddess Saraswati is fond of yellow flowers and therefore, including yellow flowers during the Puja will prove to be beneficial for you. Yellow flowers can be easily found during this season. In addition to the yellow flowers, you can also include white flowers as Goddess Saraswati is associated with white colour as well.
2. White Cloth
You will often see Goddess Saraswati dressed up in white clothes because this colour signifies purity, peace and simplicity. Since Goddess Saraswati is believed to be the one who blesses her devotees with knowledge and wisdom, that can be attained only if one chooses to have a pure and peaceful mind. Therefore, she is shown wearing white clothes while sitting on a white lotus. In order to please Goddess Saraswati on this Vasant Panchami, you can offer her the white cloth.
3. Sandalwood And Saffron
Sandalwood and saffron signify purity and also have some medicinal properties. These are said to be associated with Brihaspati (Jupiter), the planet that blesses people with intelligence and knowledge. It is in returned ruled by Goddess Saraswati. Also, devotees believe that preparing a Tilak with sandalwood, saffron and Ganga Jal and applying it on the Goddess can bring good luck. Also, this will reduce the negative effects of Jupiter in your horoscope.
4. Pens And Books
Since Goddess Saraswati is said to be Goddess of knowledge and wisdom, presenting books and pens to her will help you in pleasing her. People use books and pens to gain knowledge and therefore, it is dear to Goddess Saraswati. After you have offered the books and pens to the Goddess, make sure to distribute the same among the poor children. This is seen as one of the noble ways to please the Goddess.
5. Boondi Ka Prasad
Boondi ka prasad is prepared from gram flour and is yellow in colour. According to Hindu Mythology, Goddess Saraswati is fond of Boondi ka prasad. Moreover, due to its yellow colour, Boondi is said to be associated with Jupiter. Those who want to please Brihaspati (Jupiter) and seek blessings from Goddess Saraswati, they must offer Boondi ka prasad. Also, you can distribute this offering among poor and needy people.
Also read:Why Is Vasant Panchami Celebrated?