- 26 min ago Mars Transit in Libra On 22 October 2021 Effects on Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 12 hrs ago What Is Scream Therapy? Read About How Horror Movies Can Benefit Your Mental Health!
- 12 hrs ago Alia Bhatt And Malaika Arora Convince Us To Invest In Single-Tone Outfits With All-Blue And All-Green Look
- 12 hrs ago Diabetes And Itching: What Are The Causes Of Itching In Diabetics And How To Treat Them?
- Technology Flipkart Big Diwali Sale 2021: Discount Offers On Premium Smartphones
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 Oct 21 Highlights: Shamita & Nishant Get Into Huge Argument; Jay Objects To Losing Price Money
- Sports Brand El Clasico is bigger than brand Messi: Fernando Sanz
- News We shouldn't expect favourable outcome in every round of border talks with China: Gen Naravane
- Finance Citibank Today Revised Its Interest Rates On FD: Here’s What You Can Get Now
- Travel Best Winter Destinations In Andaman And Nicobar Islands
- Education 7th Pay Commission News: 3 Per Cent DA Hike For Central Government Employees, Pensioners Ahead Of Diwali
- Automobiles MG Astor Bookings Opened: First Batch Gets Sold Out Within 20 Minutes
The fifth day of Navratri is known as Panchami and on this day, people worship Goddess Durga (Parvati) in Her manifestation of Skandamata. In this form, She is the mother of Lord Skanda, also known as Kartikeya. Lord Skanda is the eldest son of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
She is seen riding a lion and holding infant Skanda with Her right arm. This year Skandmata will be worshipped on 10 October 2021. To know more about the deity, scroll down the article to read more.
- On this day, devotees should wake up early and freshen up.
- Then you should take a bath and wear new or clean clothes.
- After this, give a sacred bath to the idol of Goddess Durga.
- Then place the idol on a lotus flower.
- Offer Her red flowers and bhog to the Goddess.
- Now you need to perform the complete Sadhna of pure chakra.
- For this, you need to sit on a blanket or a seat consisting of Kush.
- Then close your eyes and perform the Stuti of the Goddess.
Significance Of Skandamata
- Mata Skandamata is the four-armed manifestation of Goddess Durga.
- She holds lotus flowers in Her upper hands.
- Her left hand is always in the Abhay Mudra for blessing Her devotees with contentment, salvation, prosperity and strength.
- She carries infant Skanda in Her lap and holds him with Her right hand.
- She is also known as the 'Goddess Of Fire'.
- Her complexion is as white as milk and She sits on a lotus flower and therefore, She is also known as Padmasana.
- It is believed that She holds divine intelligence and fulfils the wishes of Her devotees.
- Those who worship Mara Skandamata selflessly and devotedly gain treasures of life. For example, She will grant immense wisdom and intelligence to even an illiterate person, provided he worships Her with pure intention.
- She blesses childless couples with beautiful and intelligent children.
- One can attain salvation by simply worshipping Goddess Skandamata.
- On this day, people should offer red flowers and blog to the Goddess.
- Wearing yellow clothes on this day can bring you blessings from the Goddess.
- ॐ देवी स्कन्दमातायै नम:
Oṃ Devī Skandamātāyai Namaḥ
- सिंहासनगता नित्यं पद्माश्रितकरद्वया. शुभदास्तु सदा देवी स्कन्दमाता यशस्विनी.
Sinhasangata nityam padmashritkardvya, Shubhdastu sada Devi Skandmata Yashswini