- 12 hrs ago Jacqueline Fernandez poses in floral print lehenga for The Kapil Sharma Show
- 13 hrs ago Is Mosambi Juice Safe For Children? Tips For Parents And Healthy Recipe
- 14 hrs ago Pratipada Shraddha 2021: First Day of Pitru Paksha Tithi, Puja Ritual, Significance and How To Do
- 17 hrs ago How Are Common Eye Diseases Related To Increased Risk Of Dementia?
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale 2021: Samsung, Realme, Poco, And More Mobile Brands Discount Reveling Dates
- News Engaging with India over recognising Covidshield vaccine certificate: UK
- Movies KBC 13: Can You Answer The Rs 25 Lakh Question That Stumped Pankaj Kumar Singh On Amitabh Bachchan’s Show?
- Finance 2 Major Reasons Why Nifty Metal Sank 7% Today
- Sports England pulls out of Pakistan tour just days after New Zealand abandon series
- Automobiles Royal Enfield Introduces ‘Make It Yours’ Riding Jackets; Available Soon At Dealership Level
- Travel Pitru Paksha 2021: Important Places For Pind Daan In India
- Education KCET Result 2021 Declared, Check KCET 2021 Direct Link And Other Details Here
The Hindu month of Shravan is believed to be the most auspicious one. The entire month is dedicated to Lord Shiva and Goddess Shakti (also known as Parvati). During the entire month, Hindus worship Lord Shiva and seek blessings from Him. They also observe fasts on each Monday of this holy month. But do you know that apart from observing Shravan Somwar Vrat, devotees of Lord Shiva also observe the Mangala Gauri Vrat. The fast is observed on the Tuesdays falling in this month.
Today we are here to tell you more about this festival. Scroll down the article to read on.
Date And Muhurta
Every year the Mangala Gauri Vrat is observed on the Tuesdays in the month of Shravan. Every year the Mangala Gauri vrat is observed on the next day of the Shravan Somwar Vrat. This year Mangala Gauri Vrat is being observed on 27 July 2021, 3 August 2021, 10 August 2021 and 17 August 2021. The muhurat for the one falling on falling on 3 August 2021 will be from 05:44 am to 19:11 PM on the same date.
- In order to observe the Mangala Gauri Vrat, devotees need to wake up early in the morning and freshen up.
- They need to then clean their house and the place where they will be performing the puja.
- After this, they need to bathe and wear clean clothes.
- After this, they need to place the idol or photo of Goddess Parvati (Mangala Gauri) on a platform covered with red cloth.
- Make nine planets using rice or rice flour.
- Offer 16 flowers and fruits.
- Offer milk, curd, honey, ghee, kumkum, nuts and betel nuts to the Goddess.
- Light 16 Diyas made up of wheat flour.
- Chant the mantras and offer vermillion to the Goddess.
- Offer various things used for solah sringar.
- Listen to the Mangala Gauri Vrat Katha.
- Perform the aarti of the Goddess and seek Her blessings.
- Distribute the prasad among poor, children and elderly people.
- It is believed that those who observe the Mangala Gauri Vrat are blessed with marital bliss and eternal happiness.
- Women observe this festival to ensure the long life of their husbands.
- Devotees believe that observing this fast can bless childless couples with children.
- Those who observe this fast, need to observe with full devotion and dedication.