- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 08 May 2021
- 11 hrs ago Akshaya Tritiya 2021: Surprising Benefits Of Gold For Your Health And Beauty
- 16 hrs ago Flashback Friday: When Lady Diana Wore Yellow Overalls And How The Outfit Was Reimagined In The Crown
- 16 hrs ago Mother’s Day 2021: Reasons Why Mothers Are So Special
- Movies Erica Fernandes Reveals Why Sonakshi's Role In Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi Holds Special Place In Her Heart
- News Tamil Nadu lockdown: Full list of what is allowed, what is not
- Automobiles Honda H’Ness CB350 Prices Hiked Again In India: New Variant-Wise Price List
- Sports Hockey fraternity mourns the death of Ravinder Pal Singh
- Education AICTE Academic Calendar 2021-22 Released, Check Important Dates
- Finance Hospitals To Accept Cash Payment Of Rs 2 Lakh And Above For Covid Teatment
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttar Pradesh In May
Lord Shiva, also known as Mahadev (meaning the Great God or the God of Gods), is believed to be the one who holds the supreme power. Being one of the Holy Trinity, i.e, Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh (another name of Lord Shiva), He is believed to be the destroyer of the Universe for its recreation.
He is the one who blesses His devotees with strength, mental peace and contentment. Being the divine destroyer, He destroys evils from the universe and blesses mankind with happiness and strength. He removes sorrow from one's life and provides a calm and happy state of mind to His devotees. In Hindu mythology, He is considered to be the father of the entire universe.
Often sages and scholars belonging to the Hindu community are seen worshipping Him. People believe that chanting Lord Shiva's name and worshipping Him whole-heartedly can prevent one's untimely death. Worshipping Lord Shiva can also help in gaining concentration level and eternal satisfaction. When it comes to chanting the mantras of Lord Shiva, you will find many of them. Out of all the mantras of Lord Shiva, the Mahamrityunjay Mantra holds great importance.
Devotees of Lord Shiva believe that chanting this mantra can help them in overcoming all the obstacles in their lives and preventing diseases and one's untimely death. Today we are here to help you with the lyrics and the meaning of the Mahamrityunjay Mantra. Scroll down the article to read more.
ॐ त्र्यम्बकं यजामहे सुगन्धिं पुष्टिवर्धनम् |
उर्वारुकमिव बन्धनान्मृत्योर्मुक्षीय माऽमृतात् ||
Aum Tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanam |
Urvaarukamiva bandhanaan-mrityormuksheeya maamritaat ||
We worship the three-eyed One, who is fragrant and who nourishes all.
Like the fruit falls off from the bondage of the stem, may we be liberated from death, from mortality.