- 3 hrs ago Omicron: Is It Too Soon To Panic About Existing COVID Vaccines And The New Variant?
- 4 hrs ago Hollywood Stars Who Paint: The Art Of 'Rocky' Sylvester Stallone
- 22 hrs ago Ahead Of Katrina Kaif’s Wedding, 5 Awesome Makeup And Hairstyling Lessons From Her Instagram Feed
- 1 day ago Your Eye Shadow Looks Sorted Ft. Malaika Arora And Shilpa Shetty Kundra
- Technology Week 49, 2021 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A13 5G, HONOR 60 Pro, TECNO CAMON 18T, Moto G31, And More
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 December 5 Highlights: Shamita Apologises To Abhijit; No Elimination Takes Place This Week
- Sports Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik lauds successful completion of FIH Hockey Men's Junior World Cup
- News India's Omicron tally rises to 21 with 17 new cases
- Finance RBI Monetary Policy Committee Meet, December 6-8: Will RBI Hike Reverse Repo Rate?
- Automobiles BSA Goldstar 650 Officially Revealed
- Education UPSC Geo Scientist Final Result 2021 Declared, Steps To Check Combined Geo-Scientist Exam Final Result
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Dispur
Out of all the Hindu festivals, Maha Shivratri is one of the most important ones. The festival is dedicated to Lord Shiva, the Hindu deity. It is said that the universe originates from Him and He is the master of death and time. Every year the festival is observed on the Chaturdashi Tithi of Krishna Paksha in the month of Phalgun.
This year the date will fall on 11 March 2021. On this day, devotees of Lord Shiva worship Him and observe a fast in order to seek His blessings. It is said that observing a fast on this day benefits a person in many ways. If you are wondering how observing a fast on this festival can benefit you, scroll down the article to read more.
1. Observing a fast on the festival of Maha Shivratri enables a person to please Lord Shiva and seek His blessings.
2. It detoxes and purifies one's body thus helping in focusing on worship and meditation. This is because when observing a fast, your body feels lighter and relaxed. Hence, this reduces the restlessness in one's mind and body.
3. Observing a fast on Maha Shivratri is one of the best ways to meditate and practice yoga. The fast actually helps you in utilising your mental strength and energies in the right manner.
4. When you observe a fast on Maha Shivratri, you eventually try to practice austerity and abstinence which further helps you in quitting greed, lust, anger, anxiety and other evil thoughts.
5. Since Maha Shivratri fast goes on for the whole day and night, devotees are forbidden from consuming anything throughout the 24 hours fast. This helps in reducing one's weight. However, those who are physically weak or aren't able to observe a full 24 hours fast, can consume milk, curd, fruits and sabudana kheer. This too helps in burning down some calories.
6. Devotees of Lord Shiva reduce the intake of salt on Maha Shivratri and thus, the fast helps in maintaining the health of their heart.
7. It is said that when one worships Lord Shiva by observing a fast, he/she is able to focus his/her entire energy in the prayers. Thus, Lord Shiva blesses that person in the best possible way.