- 13 min ago How Zodiac Signs React Differently When They Hate Someone
- 2 hrs ago Kerala's Athirappilly Forest Region Reports Outbreak Of Anthrax
- 3 hrs ago Covid-19 Vaccine Protects People Of All Sizes: Lancet Study
- 3 hrs ago Doctors' Day 2022: Facts About Dr Bidhan Chandra Roy, On Whose Behalf India Celebrates National Doctors' Day
- News Spread of Radicalisation in Rajasthan linked to the rise in foreign funded Mosques at Pakistan border
- Automobiles MG Motor June 2022 Sales - Y-o-Y Growth Of 26.56%
- Movies Gauahar Khan Reveals She Lost Danny Boyle’s Slumdog Millionaire Due To Her Good Looks; Read Statement
- Finance SBI's gold loan portfolio crosses, Rs 1 lakh crore-mark
- Technology Flipkart Big Bachat Dhamaal Sale: Discounts On Earbuds, Smartwatches, And Other Electronics Accessories
- Sports Corentin Tolisso returns to Lyon on five-year deal
- Education ICSI CSEET Admit Card 2022 Released For July Exam At icsi.edu, Download Here
- Travel Useful Travel Tips for Heart Patients
Mahashivratri is considered one of the holiest days and holds immense significance in Hinduism. There are 12 Shivratri in a year. This year Mahashivratri falls on 01 March 2022 and like every year, this year too it will be celebrated with great fervour and enthusiasm.
It is believed that if Lord Shiva is worshipped on this day, then he becomes extremely pleased and showers blessings on his devotees. Some also believe that Lord Shiva was married to his consort Goddess Parvati on this day.
On this auspicious day, devotees offer belpatra (Applewood leaves) and datura to Bholenath and perform jalabhishek of the Shivlinga. If Lord Shiva is worshipped with just pure heart and devotion, he gets easily pleased. But, to get the choicest of blessings, devotees worship Him by wearing special clothes and specific colours during the time of Shiv puja. Check what to wear and what to avoid during Shivratri.
Maha Shivratri 2022: What Colour Clothes To Wear
If you are performing Shiv Puja, wear green coloured clothes because Bholenath is fond of green colour. If you do not have a new set of green clothes, then wear red, yellow, white or saffron-coloured clothes to please him.
Maha Shivratri 2022: Which Clothes To Wear
On the auspicious day of Mahashivratri, wearing clean clothes is essential. Before wearing a cloth, devotees need to wake up early morning and take a dip in the holy water. Cotton clothes are considered pure, so one must wear only clothes made of this materia. Also, it is lightweight, comfortable and easy to carry.
Maha Shivratri 2022: What Colour Clothes Not To Wear
There are certain colours that one needs to avoid during Mahashivratri. Devotees take special care as to what they are wearing on the day of Shiv puja. One should not wear black coloured clothes as it is believed that Bholenath is not fond of the black colour and may even get angry if one wears this colour.
Maha Shivratri 2022: Which Clothes Not To Wear
There are certain materials that must be avoided on the auspicious day of Mahashivratri. Devotees must not wear anything that is made from animal skin or parts, such as leather belts. One must not wear pants. Dhoti and pajamas should be worn if one is performing Shiv puja.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky doesn't confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
- fashion factsMahashivratri 2022: Which Colour Outfit To Wear On The Auspicious Day?
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Lord Shiva And His 19 Avatars, Meaning And Significance
- festivalsMaha Shivratri 2022: Know About Rudrabhishek, Puja Vidhi And Ingredients Required
- recipesMahashivratri Vrat Recipes: How To Make Kheer From Amaranth/Rajgira/Ramdana Grains
- recipesMahashivratri Recipes: How To Make Sabudana Bhel
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Ashtottara Shatanamavali Or 108 Names of Lord Shiva
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: How To Worship Lord Shiva According To Your Zodiac Sign
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Benefits Of Offering Lord Shiva His Favourite 15 Flowers With Devotion
- festivalsMahashivratri 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- faith mysticismMaha Shivratri 2020: Know The Difference Between Jyotirlinga And Shivlinga
- make up tipsHow To Dress Up For Mahashivratri
- improvement7 Simple And Easy Ways To Remove Ink Stains From Clothes