- 3 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- 7 hrs ago Amazon Republic Day Sale Is Here! Up To 70% Off On Handbags, Backpacks, Clutches & More
- 8 hrs ago Dr Angelique Coetzee: Don’t Look At Your Positivity Rate, Look At How Many People Admitted In ICU
- 9 hrs ago Saturn Combust In Capricorn On 18 January 2021: Effects On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux Official Teaser Out Now: Launch On Jan 20
- Sports Four most expensive January transfers so far in 2022
- News ED raids an attempt to put pressure on me ahead of polls in Punjab: CM Channi
- Finance Which Is Better for Home Loan Protection: Term Insurance or Home Loan Insurance?
- Movies BB15: Shamita Says She Wants To Get Married This Year, Nishant Advises Her Not To Rush Into Things With Raqesh
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Might Not Support Fast-Charging; 3C Certification Website Reveals
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Karwa Chauth is one of the Hindu festivals and is observed by married Hindu women for the long life and well being of their husbands. Women wait for the entire year to celebrate this festival as it is a symbol of marital bliss and love. This year the festival will be observed from 24 October to 25 October.
According to the HIndu Calendar, this festival is celebrated on the Chaturthi tithi of the Krishna Paksha of the Kartik month. Women observe nirjala fast on this day and the fast can only be broken after the sighting of the moon and offering Arghya. This year Karwa Chauth will be done in Rohini Nakshatra and this auspicious coincidence is happening after 5 years.
While celebrating this festival, there are certain rules that one needs to follow on this auspicious day. To make it easy we have curated a list of dos and don'ts on Karwa Chauth.
Karwa Chauth 2021: Date, Moon Sighting and Puja Muhurat
According to Drikpanchang, Karwa Chauth will be celebrated on Sunday, 24 October 2021. The Chaturthi Tithi of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month will start from 03.01 am on Sunday, 24 October, and will end on October 25 at 05:43 am. On October 24, the moon will emerge at 08:07 in the night. The puja muhurat will begin from 05:43 pm to 06:59 pm. The duration is 01 hour 17 mins.
Karwa Chauth Upavasa Time - 06:27 AM to 08:07 PM
Duration - 13 Hours 40 Mins
Moonrise on Karwa Chauth Day - 08:07 PM
Chaturthi Tithi Begins - 03:01 AM on Oct 24, 2021
Chaturthi Tithi Ends - 05:43 AM on Oct 25, 2021
Karwa Chauth 2021: Significance
On this day, it is believed that even a drop of water is not allowed for consumption by women. This Karwa Chauth will coincide with Sankashti Chaturthi, which is a fasting day observed for Lord Ganesha. The fast is observed by married women for the long life of their husband. It is also believed that worshipping Goddess Parvati, Lord Shankar and Kartikeya on this day will bring auspicious results. Karwa Chauth is more popular in the North Indian states.
The fast starts with the worship of lord Ganesha and then women gather and listen to katha in the afternoon or evening. Water is filled in a pot and food items life roli, wheat, earthen karva, sweets, banya items are arranged in a plate. After the sighting of the moon at night through a sieve, women will look at her husband through it and then touch their feet and she should drink the fasting water and only then the fast can be broken. After the four days of Karwa Chauth, Ahoi Ashtami Vrat is observed for the wellbeings of sons.
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2021: Mira Rajput Kapoor, Yami Gautam Dhar, And Sonali Bendre Wow Us With Their Looks
- womenKarwa Chauth – Why Observe the Fast?
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2021: Rubina Dilaik, Raveena Tandon, And Other Divas In Their Gorgeous Ethnic Suits
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2021: Aditi Rao Hydari Will Inspire You To Keep It Simple And Not Deck Up Too Much!
- festivalsKarwa Chauth 2021: Date, Time, Puja Muhurat, Rituals, Vrat Vidhi And Significance
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2020: Your Diwali Wardrobe Sorted Ft. Kajal Aggarwal; Take A Look At Her Traditional Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2020: Ivory Or Red, Which Saree Of Kajol Will You Pick For This Diwali?
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2020: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Flaunts A Ruffled Red Saree Which We So Love
- bollywood wardrobeKarwa Chauth 2020: Kareena Kapoor Khan Impresses Us With Her Kurta Set Which You Can Easily Afford
- make up tipsKarwa Chauth 2020: Neha Kakkar, Anushka Sharma, And Other Bollywood Beauties Inspired Make-up Looks
- faith mysticismKarwa Chauth 2020: Ingredients, Muhurat And Significance Of Sargi
- marriage and beyondKarwa Chauth 2021: Text Messages To Send To Your Wife And Make Her Feel Special