- 11 hrs ago What Are Leptin And Ghrelin And How Do They Affect The Body Weight?
- 11 hrs ago Vikrant Rona Actress Jacqueline Fernandez Goes Retro In Co-ord Set! PICS
- 12 hrs ago What Is Short Bowel Syndrome? Causes, Symptoms, Complications And Treatments
- 15 hrs ago South Africa In New Surge Of COVID-19 From Versions Of Omicron
- News Sri Lanka Crisis: What is the 21st Amendment bill which seeks to end presidential system
- Sports RCB Playoff Chances 2022: Here's how Royal Challengers Bangalore can enter IPL 2022 knockouts
- Finance Stocks To Buy: These 3 Stocks Can Gain Upto 39% In 1 Year, Stable Volume Growth Reported
- Movies Shailesh Lodha Quits Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah; Actor Is No Longer Shooting For The Show - Reports
- Education TANCET 2022 Result: Anna University To Announce Results In June Second Week. Check Dates And Other Details
- Automobiles CNG Price Hiked Again: Rs 2 Increased Per Kg
- Technology Vivo Y01 Launched As Brand’s Latest Entry-Level Phone: Features & Price
- Travel 10 Wonderful Destinations In Madhya Pradesh You Must Visit
Kalashtami or Kala Ashtami holds immense significance according to the Hindu calendar and it is observed every lunar month on the Krishna Paksha Ashtami Tithi. This day is dedicated to Lord Kaal Bhairav, which is the fearful manifestation of Lord Shiva and therefore it is also known as Kalabhairav Jayanti. There are a total of 12 Kalashtami observances in a year.
Kalashtami January 2022: Date, Time
This year Kalashtami fin the month of January will be celebrated on Tuesday 25 January and the Ashtami Tithi timing will begin from 7:49 am on 25 January and continue till 6:25 am on 26 January.
Kalashtami January 2022: Puja Rituals and Worship Method
- On the Kalashtami, devotees keep a fast and rise early to take bath, cleanse themselves and offer special pujas to their ancestors.
- After that, Lord Kalabhairav along with Goddess Parvati is worshipped by offering rice, nuts, coconut, milk, and sandalwood. Roses are also used during the puja to decorate the idol. Kalbhairav katha is recited on this day.
- Arti is also performed at midnight with traditional musical instruments like conches, drums and bells.
- During the puja, incense sticks are burned and lamps using mustard oil is lit and mantras are chanted simultaneously to please Lord Shiva and seek his blessings.
- Devotees offer water to the moon and then break their fast and stay awake the whole night to narrate the stories of Lord Kala Bhairav and Lord Shiva. Apart from that they also chant the mantras.
- Dogs are fed with sweets and milk on this day because Lord Kala Bhairav is believed to be riding on a dog.
- Since the rituals associated with this auspicious day has strict rules, therefore, consumption of non-vegetarian food, tobacco and alcohol is forbidden during the fast as they are called tamsik food.
- Further, the devotees also maintain celibacy during this period.
Kalashtami January 2022: History And Significance
On Kalashtami, devotees worship Lord Shiva or Bhairav to seek his blessings for their wellbeing and forgiveness for their sins. It is believed that worshipping him will bring good health, happiness, prosperity and success. Some also believe by worhipping Lord Kala Bhairav, people who have 'Rahi' and 'Shani'doshas, it can be nullified.
- festivalsSatyanarayan Puja May 2022 Date: Know All The Four Vrat Kathas Assosiated With This Day
- festivalsWhy Is Lord Hanuman Also Referred To As Bajarangbali?
- festivalsHow To Perform Satyanarayan Pooja At Home - Rituals And Procedure
- festivalsNarasimha Jayanti 2022: Greetings, Wishes, Quotes, SMS, Messages And Images
- festivalsNarasimha Jayanti 2022: Date, Puja Muhurat, Rituals, Significance and Mantra
- festivalsBuddha Purnima 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Worship Method, Significance And Celebrations
- faith mysticismBuddha Purnima 2022: Important Teachings Of Gautam Buddha That Will Empower You
- festivalsMohini Ekadashi 2022: Date, Muhurat, Puja Vidhi, Vrat Katha And Significance
- festivalsGanga Saptami 2022 Upay : Remedies To Get Rid Of Sins And Money Crisis
- festivalsBaglamukhi Jayanti 2022: Date, Time, Fasting Method, Puja Vidhi, History And Significance
- festivalsLunar Eclipse In May 2022: Date, Time, Visibility in India And Other Details
- festivalsMay 2022: List Of Festivals And Vrats This Month