- 4 hrs ago Breastfeeding Twins: Expert Tips, Finding The Right Feeding Position And More
- 4 hrs ago Kiara Advani, Vidya Balan, And Nora Fatehi Flaunt Sarees; Whose Saree Did You Find The Prettiest?
- 5 hrs ago Designer Louis Vuitton Birthday Special: Revolution Of Style
- 8 hrs ago Amazon Great Freedom Festival Sale 2021: Best Footwear To Buy For Men And Women; Amazing Offers On Them!
- News Assam govt withdraws Mizoram travel advisory; To work towards border peace
- Movies Bigg Boss OTT: Anusha Dandekar Confirms She Is Not Participating; Will Shamita Shetty Join The Show Instead?
- Education HOS 12th Result 2021: HBSE Haryana Open School 12th Result 2021 Released
- Sports Tokyo 2020: PM Modi speaks to Manpreet, coach Reid after Olympic bronze; lauds team's hard work
- Finance 5 High Rated & Top Performing Small-Cap Funds To Plan SIP In 2021
- Technology Xiaomi Independence Day Sale: Discounts And Offers You Can Get
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki WagonR Xtra Edition Launched In India — Priced At Rs 23,000 More Than VXi Variant
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In September
In Hinduism, the Jyeshtha Purnima is considered to be a significant day. The day marks the full moon day in the Hindu month of Jyeshtha. This year the Jyeshtha Purnima falls on 24 June 2021. The day is considered to be highly auspicious for beginning important work. People observe a fast as well to seek blessings from the Almighty. Today we are here with detailed information about this day. Scroll down the article to read more.
Muhurat For Jyeshtha Purnima
The Jyeshtha Purnima begins on the Purnima Tithi in Jyeshtha month. The Purnima tithi marks the 15th day during the waxing phase of the moon, also known as Shukla Paksha. Since this year the date falls on 24 June 2021, the muhurat for Jyeshtha Purnima will begin at 03:32 am on the same date. The Purnima tithi will end at 12:09 am on 25 June 2021.
- On this date, people should wake up early and bathe after freshening up.
- They should wear clean clothes and make sure those aren't black.
- They should then offer Arghya to the Sun and worship the Hindu deities, especially the Holy Trinity namely Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh.
- If they are willing, then they may observe a fast.
- Once the moon rises, people should offer Arghya to the moon.
- While offering the Arghya, ensure to mix milk and honey into the water.
- While offering the Arghya, one should pray to the deities to end the sufferings and diseases from the earth.
- People can also chant the mantras.
- Bathing in the river or any other water body is considered to be an auspicious thing to do on the Purnima tithi.
- People should consider doing charity on this day as it helps one in gaining blessings from the Hindu deities.
- People believe that worshipping the full moon on this day helps one in getting rid of their troubles.
- Those who observe a fast on this day should worship Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi.
- It is believed that worshipping Goddess Lakshmi on the Jyeshtha Purnima helps in getting prosperity and wealth.