- 9 hrs ago Heat Exhaustion: Types, Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis, Treatment And Prevention
- 9 hrs ago Kristen Stewart, Naomi Scott, And More Won Us With Their Outfits At Charlie's Angels Premiere
- 10 hrs ago Diabetes Insipidus In Children: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 11 hrs ago So, What Is So Special About Deepika Padukone's Anniversary Sari
- News Last day of Odd-Even today, no decision yet on extension
- Movies Bigg Boss Kannada Season 7 Day 32 Written Update – Team Sidilu Maintains It’s Winning Streak
- Sports Williamson returns for New Zealand as uncapped Ferguson receives Test call
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Starts Winter Service Camp: Offers Free Check Ups, Complimentary Washes & More
- Technology Microsoft Brings Its Xbox Game Pass Ultimate To India For Just Rs. 50
- Finance Deadline To File GST Returns Extended; Forms Simplified
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
- Travel Kalady – The Land Of Holy Shrines
Ghatasthapana or Shardiya Navratri Ghatasthapana is one of the significant rituals during Navratri, which begins on 29 September and ends on 7 October 2019. Navratri festival goes on for nine days and people fast during these nine days. On the starting day of Navratri i.e., 29 September, the installation of the idol of Ma Durga, Ghatasthapana or Kalash, is done.
It is believed that to get the blessings of Maa Durga, the Kalash should always be placed at the right time. Doing it at the wrong time can invite the wrath of the Goddess.
Ghatasthapana Puja Vidhi
Clean the puja room before performing Ghatasthapana.
While installing the kalash (urn), use river sand and add seven types of grains to this sand. After this, add Gangajal, cardamom, paan (betel leaf), clove, sandalwood, turmeric, rupee, akshat, kalwa, roli and pushpadi in the Kalash.
Place a photo of Goddess Durga on the sand then chant any Durga mantra and install the kalash on the sand with seven grains. A coconut is put on top of the kalash pot.
Place garlands or fresh flowers near the pot and the picture of Goddess Durga. Near the kalash, lamps should be kept burning for nine days.
Significance Of Ghatasthapana
The various manifestations of Goddess Durga are worshipped which include Brahmcharini, Chandraghanta, Kushmunda, Skand Mata, Katyayani, Kalratri, Maha Gauri, and Siddhidatri.
It is believed that Goddess Durga killed the demon Mahishasura, which is why Maa Durga is known as Goddess Kali and is a symbol of Shakti, meaning strength. It is said that Maa Durga possesses eternal divine power, which can neither be created nor destroyed.
Ghatasthapana Date And Timings
The Ghatasthapana Muhurta falls on Pratipada Tithi.
Pratipada Tithi begins at 11.56 pm on 28 September 2019
Pratipada Tithi ends at 8.14 pm on 29 September 2019.