- 12 hrs ago What Happens To Your Body When You're Not Eating Enough Vegetables?
- 15 hrs ago Lakshmi Manchu Gives Us Two Stunning Saree Goals; Which One Will You Pick?
- 16 hrs ago Look Fabulous In 5 Minutes! Jacqueline Fernandez-Inspired Cute Braid Is Easy And Quick Hairstyle For Everyday
- 19 hrs ago Ram Navami 2021: Powerful Mantras Of Lord Rama That You Can Chant
- Sports IPL 2021: I’ve already started enjoying captaincy: Rishabh Pant after Delhi’s six-wicket win over Punjab
- Movies Atharvaa Tests Positive For COVID-19; Reveals That He Has Mild Symptoms
- News Fight against coronavirus, not farmers: Samyukta Kisan Morcha to govt
- Technology Vivo V21 Full Specs Tipped Ahead Of Launch; Dimensity 800U SoC, 64MP Triple Camera Confirmed
- Education JEE Main Exam 2021 News: JEE Main 2021 Postponed For April Session, Dates To Announced Later. Check Details
- Finance 7 Best MidCap Mutual Funds That Gave up to 60% Returns in 1 year
- Automobiles KTM 1290 Super Duke Sells Out: 500 Units Of The Limited-Edition Motorcycle Sold In Just 48 Minutes
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Manali In April
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is an important Hindu festival observed in the Hindu month of Kartik. The festival is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is considered one of the most important Ekadashis falling in a year. This year the Dev Uthani Ekadashi will be observed on 25 November 2020. It is said that on this day Lord Vishnu wakes up from His four months of sleep. Devotees of Lord Vishnu will be observing a fast on this day. In order to know more about this day, scroll down the article to read more.
Date And Muhurat
Dev Uthani Ekadashi is observed on the Ekadashi tithi of Shukla Paksha in the Hindu month of Kartik. This year the date falls on 25 November 2020. The muhurat for the Dev Uthani Ekadashi will begin at 02:42 pm on 25 November 2020 and will stay till 05:10 pm on 26 November 2020.
Rituals Of Dev Uthani Ekadashi
- On this day, devotees of Lord Vishnu should wake up early and clean their houses.
- After this, they should take a bath and wear new or clean clothes.
- Then put an idol of Lord Vishnu on a clean platform and give a holy bath to it.
- Offer sugarcane, bael leaves and conch shells to Lord Vishnu.
- Offer prayers to the deity and then plant a Tulsi plant on the entrance of your house or at any other place of your house.
- Then perform the marriage rituals of Lord Shaligram, one of the manifestations of Lord Vishnu and Tulsi.
- Offer radish, amla, sweet potatoes and Ber fruit to the deity and seek His blessings.
- The festival marks the end of Chaturmas, the four months period during which Lord Vishnu is believed to be in a deep sleep.
- On Dev Uthani Ekadashi, Lord Vishnu wakes up from His deep sleep and takes charge of looking after the universe.
- It is after Dev Uthani Ekadashi, auspicious works such as marriages, mundan, house warming ceremony and naming ceremony begins.
- People begin their auspicious work right after Dev Uthani Ekadashi.
- The day is also known as Tulsi Vivah, the day on which Tulsi was married to Lord Shaligram.
- On this day, people worship Lord Vishnu with conch shells.