- 50 min ago Booster Shots Won't Stop Omicron, Says Top Medical Experts
- 2 hrs ago Salad Special: How To Make Kidney Bean Salad
- 6 hrs ago National Girl Child Day 2022: Date, History, Significance And Quotes
- 6 hrs ago Bangalore, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata Named Among 'Most Stressed Cities In The World': Why?
- Sports India vs South Africa, 2nd ODI: Rishabh Pant blasts career-best 85 as India post 287/6 in must-win game
- Movies Malaika Arora Reveals If Early Marriage With Arbaaz Khan Affected Her Career
- Education RSMSSB Admit Card 2022 Released For Fireman, AFO Exam At rsmssb.rajasthan.gov.in, Download Here
- News 33 people test Covid-19 positive at SAI Bengaluru, 16 of them hockey players
- Automobiles Toyota Hilux TVC Out Ahead Of Launch: Bookings Now Open
- Finance These 5 Things We Could Expect From The Upcoming Budget 2022
- Technology Intel Is Building World's Largest Chip Manufacturing Plant In Ohio, USA: Will Be Operational By 2025
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Andaman and Nicobar Islands In Winter Of 2022
Festivals always bring everyone together and mend estranged relationships. It symbolises light over darkness, good over evil and hope and beautiful things to look forward to. Festival of lights, Diwali is here and therefore, the 5-day festivity begins with Dhanteras and ends with Bhaai Dooj. On the second day, Naraka Chaturdashi/ Choti Diwali is celebrated and this year it falls on Wednesday, 3 November.
Every year, Naraka Chaturdashi is celebrated on the Chaturdashi of Krishna Paksha of Kartik month, as per the Hindu Calendar. According to the Gregorian calendar, the festival falls every month in the month of either October or November. The festival is observed one day before Lakshmi puja or Laxmi pooja and therefore, it is also known as Choti Deepavali, Roop Chaturdashi and Roop Chaudas.
Narak Chaturdashi 2021: Date, Time And Abhyang Snan Muhurat
According to a website called Drikpanchang, this year Narak Chaturdashi will be observed on Thursday, 04 November 2021. The festival is named after Narakasura and it is considered significant as it marks the end of Shri Krishna's consort Satyabhama. The belief is if a person performs or does Abhyang snaan on this day, then they can avoid going to hell or Narak. The Abhyang snan muhurta is from 05:40 am to 06:03 am and the duration is 00 hours and 23 mins.
Moonrise at Abhyang Snan - 05:40 AM
Abhyang Snan during Moonrise and Chaturdashi
Chaturdashi Tithi Begins - 09:02 AM on Nov 03, 2021
Chaturdashi Tithi Ends - 06:03 AM on Nov 04, 2021
History and Significance
Legend has it that Narakasura was the son of Lord Varaha (an avatar of Shri Vishnu) and Bhudevi. Lord Brahma blessed him that none other than Bhudevi could kill him. Therefore, he became complacent. Once he attacked Lord Krishna and his consort Sathyabama, who was an incarnation of Bhudevi, she retaliated and killed Narakasura, which sanctified Brahma's boon. But, before taking his last breath, Narakasura pleaded Bhudevi, sought her blessings and asked for a boon. The wish was that he wanted to become immortal in the memories of people and hence wanted people to celebrate his death by lighting lamps or diyas. Hence, Naraka Chaturdashi is celebrated which is believed to be the death anniversary of Narakasura. This day symbolises getting rid of one's negativities and removing darkness from self. This is the reason people perform Abhyanga Snan which symbolises purification of the mind and body. To perform this ritual, people apply sesame oil on their heads and body and then cleanse it with ubtan before decking up with new clothes.
Another legend associated with Choti Diwali says that on this day Goddess Kali killed Narakasura and triumphed over him. Therefore, in the eastern parts of India, this festival is also known as Kali Chaudas or Kali Puja.
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor And Shanaya Kapoor Wow Us With Their Festive Wear
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Priyanka Chopra, Katrina Kaif, Alia Bhatt And Other Bollywood Divas In Their Traditional Best
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Khushi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif And Other Divas Have Awesome Lehenga Goals For Us
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Shraddha Kapoor Will Inspire You To Wear Light And Colourful Outfits For Intimate Celebrations
- womenLegend Of Goddess Lakshmi And Significance Of Worshipping Her On Lakshmi Puja In Diwali
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Genelia Deshmukh, Kajal Aggarwal, And Rakul Preet Singh Inspire Us With Their Festive Suits
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Mustard Yellow Saree Goals Ft. Keerthy Suresh And Karisma Kapoor
- festivalsDiwali 2021: Ashtottara Shatanamavali Of Goddess Kali, 108 Names And Significance
- bollywood wardrobeDiwali 2021: Athiya Shetty, Huma Qureshi And Saiee M Manjrekar Give Us Modern Ethnic Outfit Ideas
- festivalsKali Puja 2021: Best Wishes, Greetings, Messages, Quotes, Status for Your Loved Ones On Diwali
- festivalsKali Puja 2021: Date, Muhurat And Significance Of Observing This Festival
- festivalsHappy Diwali 2021: Messages, Wishes, Greeting Cards, Rangoli Designs, Images, Whatsapp and Facebook status