- 2 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 4 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 4 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- 5 hrs ago Janmashtami Outfits: Take Notes From Mouni Roy For The Ethnic Look
- News CBI questions Congress MP Venugopal questioned in Kerala solar scam case
- Finance SBI, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison: Effective From August 13
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Technology After Ban, BGMI To Return To India Soon
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
As per the Mahakala Samhita, Navratri is a 9-day long festival that occurs four times a year. Of these, Ashwin and Chaitra Navaratri, are momentous, and popular and are termed as Pratyaksha or visible Navratri.
The other two of Magh and Ashadh months, are celebrated in a strictly secretive manner and hence they have come to be called Gupt Navratris. The nine ferocious forms of Durga are worshipped during these days. Chaitra Navratri, also known as Dussehra is a blend of the spiritual-cultural and religious elements that are highlighted in its rituals and observances. Let us scroll through to get further information.
Ashadh Gupt Navratri 2022: Brahmacharini Puja Date
Maa Brahmacharini avatar of Durga is worshipped on the second day, the Dwitiya tithi, of Ashadha Gupta on 01 July 2022 of the Navratri season.
Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Brahmacharini Puja Rituals
Pray to Lord Ganesha to bless your vrat to go obstacle free. Light a lamp with ghee/mustard/sesame oil and place it near Goddess'idol on the peetham. Panchamrit is the chosen bhog variety for Goddess Brahmacharini. You can also offer her fruits, coconuts, bananas, paan and supari, Haldi, and Kumkum in that order. Aartis are sung and devotees bow their heads to the goddess, by doing Karpoorarthi using camphor. After the puja, prasad is distributed. You can invoke Godess Brahmacharini using these mantras.
Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Mantras To Chant
ॐ देवी ब्रह्मचारिण्यै नमः॥
Om Devi Brahmacharinyai Namah॥
दधाना कर पद्माभ्यामक्षमाला कमण्डलू।
देवी प्रसीदतु मयि ब्रह्मचारिण्यनुत्तमा॥
Dadhana Kara Padmabhyamakshamala Kamandalu।
Devi Prasidatu Mayi Brahmacharinyanuttama॥
या देवी सर्वभूतेषु माँ ब्रह्मचारिणी रूपेण संस्थिता। नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमस्तस्यै नमो नमः॥
Ya Devi Sarvabhuteshu Maa Brahmacharini Rupena Samsthita।
Namastasyai Namastasyai Namastasyai Namo Namah॥
Perform the Panchopchara puja and offer her the Gandham, Pushpam, Deepam, Sugandham and Naivedyam (bhog).
Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Brahmacharini Puja History
Ascetic aspect of Goddess Durga is termed as Goddess Brahmacharini. She is yet another avatar of Parvati Devi who performed a difficult penance in an ascetic form, in a bid to marry Lord Shiva. This day is represented by blue that depicts calm and positive energy.
She looks resplendent with a divinely ascetic aura, holds a kamandalu, japamala, walks barefeet, wears white robes, and governs the planet Mars. She has an immense liking towards jasmine flowers. By intense worship, it is easy to placate Goddess Brahmacharini, especially when you wish to get rid of Mars' evil effects from your horoscope. She is one of the several incarnations of Maa Sati, the wife of Lord Shiva who gave up her life at the homagni, just to uphold the honour of Lord Shiva.
People worship her mainly to be blessed with peace, moksha and soul liberation. For warding off the adverse impact of Mars on your life, you can take refuge in Goddess Brahmacharini. Problems caused by Mars can be got rid of, by worshipping her.
Ashadh Gupt Navratri 2022: Brahmacharini Puja Significance
Sharan Navaratri is characterized by wider participation of the local people whereas Gupta Navratri is all about Gupt sadhana that should be done in an isolated setting wherein sadhaka invokes Devi in the eerie silence of the midnight and seeks spiritual communion with Goddess Durga. He chants tantric mantras and other powerful stotras that draw Goddess Durga from her abode to the earthly realm.
The elaborate prayers offered in secrecy to Goddess Durga during the nine days of Gupta Navratri include the chanting of Durga Saptashati, a set of verses from the Markhandeya Purana. These mantras explain how Goddess Durga appeared before the deities, who gave all their powers to her to fight with the demon Mahishasura and how Durga Devi triumphed over the evil and slayed the demon.
Dusshera and Gupt Navratri are diametrically different with respect to observances and customs practiced. Shakambhari Utsav is predominantly celebrated on the ashadh Gupt Navaratri, in Banashankari temples. Goddess Durga, when invoked, instills strength, bestows wealth prosperity and envelops the devotee with positivity. It is mandatory to chant the Durga Saptashati as it is one of the primordial lyrics that were created beyond the confines of time and space.
Ashadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Brahmacharini Puja Aarti Lyrics
Jai Ambe Brahmacharini Mata
Jai Chaturanan priya sukh data
Brahma ji ke mann bhati ho
Gyaan sabhi ko sikhlati ho
Brahma Mantra hai jaap tumhara
Jisko jape sakal sansara
Jay Gayatri Ved ki mata
Jo mann nis din tumhe dhyata
Kami koi rehne na paye
Koi bhi dukh sehne na paye
Uski virati rahe thikane
Jo teri mahima ko jane
Rudraksh ki mala le kar
Jape jo mantra shraddha de kar
Aalas chhod kare gungana
Maa tum usko sukh pahunchana
Brahmacharini tero naam
Purna karo sab mero kaam
Bhakt tere charanon ka pujari
Rakhna laaj meri mahtari
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
Image sources: Wikimedia Commons
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Mahagauri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras, And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 7: Maa Kalratri Puja Date, Legend, Rituals, Mantras And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Maa Katyayani Puja Date, Rituals, Legend, Mantras, And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022: Goddess Skandamata Puja: Date, Rituals, Mantras And Significance
- festivalsAshadha Gupt Navratri 2022 Day 4: Kushmanda Puja 2022 Date, Iconography, Rituals, And Mantra
- festivalsStambheshwar Mahadev Temple: Know About The Disappearing Temple At Kavi Kamboi
- festivalsLalita Saptami 2022: Date, Iconography, Puja Rituals, History, And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 16 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsJwalamukhi Mandir: Puja Rituals, Best Time To Visit, Aarti Timings, Architecture, And Legends
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- yoga spiritualityChidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 14 August To 20 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs