- 2 hrs ago Birthday Special: 4 Times Manisha Koirala Proved Ethnic Wear In Whites Were Made For Her!
- 4 hrs ago Deepika Padukone, Priyanka Chopra, Ananya Panday: 7 Celeb-Approved Ways To Style Skinny Jeans
- 4 hrs ago Scientists Develop Smart Contact Lenses That Can Diagnose Cancer From Tears
- 5 hrs ago Janmashtami Outfits: Take Notes From Mouni Roy For The Ethnic Look
- News CBI questions Congress MP Venugopal questioned in Kerala solar scam case
- Finance SBI, ICICI & HDFC Fixed Deposits FD Interest Rates Comparison: Effective From August 13
- Automobiles Everything You Need To Know About The Upcoming Ola Electric Car - 500Km Range & More
- Movies Taapsee Pannu On Boycott Culture: We Have Seen Us Getting Targeted In The Worst Possible Way
- Technology After Ban, BGMI To Return To India Soon
- Sports Ultimate Kho Kho preview: Chennai Quick Guns seek maiden win, Mumbai Khiladis take on Gujarat Giants
- Education Joint CSIR UGC NET June 2022: August 17 Is Last Date To Apply, Hurry Up!
- Travel Milford Sound: New Zealand's Prime Attraction
Amavasya holds a special significance to Hinduism. A holy bath and daan (Charity) to the poor and the needy, on this day, eradicates all sins. However, the Amavasya that occurs in the Ashadha month, has a great magnitude as it is meant for performing Pitru tarpan and Shradh. Let us explore this topic in detail and know more about this day.
Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Date And Time
According to Hindu Panchang, in 2022, Ashadha Amavasya will be observed on 29 June. The Amavasya Tithi from 05:52 am on 28 June and will remain till 8.21 am on 29 June.
Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Rituals
The Amavasya occurring in the month of Ashadha has its own significance because it is believed that Pitru Tarpan and Shradh performed on the day of Ashadhi Amavasya, confers liberation to one's forefathers and prosperity is promised to the younger generation. This Amavasya is also known as Halaharini Amavasya. In this auspicious muhurta, one can have a holy ritualistic bath, and worship as per the traditional mores so that Pitrudosh and Kalsarpa Dosh are warded off.
Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Vrat Vidhi
Use drops of Ganga Jal in the bathing water. Celibacy is to be strictly followed. Non-vegetarian onion and garlic must not be consumed. One must avoid wheat rice and pulses in one's vrat diet. Shraadh must be performed under a pundit's guidance so that ancestral blessings are ensured. One must pray to their ancestors to forgive any error knowing or unknowing, on one's part. Celibacy must be observed strictly on this day.
One must light a ghee lamp for the departed forefathers, donate essential items generously to the poor, and offer bhog or naivedya to ancestors and share it with family members after offering a portion of it to the cow. Pray to ancestors and light an oil/ghee lamp in the memory of the departed souls. Help the poor and needy by offering them food or other essential items. Offer bhog to your ancestors and a portion of it to cow and share the rest with family members.
Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Measures To Eradicate Pitrudosh
For the removal of negative effects of pitrudosh, one must take a holy dip in the river early in the morning on Ashadhi Amavasya. Sitting on the bank of the river, take a vow on behalf of the ancestors and then donate generously to the poor. Pitru dosh is sure to be wiped out due to performing this act. On the same day evening, on the new moon day of Ashadh, light a four-faced diya (lamp) with sesame oil in the southern direction and feed bread to a black dog. Invite brahmins or priests' to your home on this day, treat them with respect and Dakshina as per one's ability. Pind daan done on this day in the name of one's forefathers will appease them, and their blessings go a long way in ensuring prosperity and wealth to their lineage.
Ashadha Amavasya 2022: Remedial Measures
Ashadha Amavasya, otherwise known as Phalguna Amavasya, is perfect for paying homage to deceased forefathers and praying for their moksha. Shraadh and tarpan rituals open the floodgates of heaven and moksha for the dead ancestors and let them bless their younger generation with happiness and prosperity. People follow vrat as well as other remedial measures to seek the almighty's blessings. They are listed below.
Always, Tantra practitioners practice their rituals and pujas on the night of Amavasya as it is the right time to invoke the nocturnal entities and certain gods and goddesses. For those for whom these rigorous sadhanas are not possible, they can follow the remedies given below.
Kajal is applied to little children, to ward off the effects of the evil eye. Secondly, plant a bel tree. Thirdly, quench the thirst and hunger of differently-abled children. Donate seven types of grains to the needy. Havan must be performed at night followed by a dinner together if a couple needs to stay happy with each other. An important remedy is to stop lying and perform the puja of Goddess Kali. Rotate a few coins or notes around a sick person's head in the anticlockwise direction and give them away to the needy.
Prepare flour tablets and feed the fish in the pond after completing the holy dip ritual in the river or pond to ensure improvement in the financial situation. After taking a holy dip in the Ganges River, sprinkle the waters of Ganga on all areas in the house. This will wipe the negative energies out of the house. Ashadhi Amavasya day is ideal to donate to the poor and the needy as this will enhance happiness and prosperity.
Disclaimer: The information is based on assumptions and information available on the internet and the accuracy or reliability is not guaranteed. Boldsky does not confirm any inputs or information related to the article and our only purpose is to deliver information. Kindly consult the concerned expert before practising or implementing any information and assumption.
Image sources: Pixabay
- festivalsStambheshwar Mahadev Temple: Know About The Disappearing Temple At Kavi Kamboi
- festivalsLalita Saptami 2022: Date, Iconography, Puja Rituals, History, And Significance
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 16 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsJwalamukhi Mandir: Puja Rituals, Best Time To Visit, Aarti Timings, Architecture, And Legends
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 15 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- yoga spiritualityChidambara Rahasyam: Unknown Facts And Secrets Of The Chidambara Temple
- horoscopeWeekly Horoscope, 14 August To 20 August 2022, Check This Week Horoscope Prediction For All Zodiac Signs
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 14 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- yoga spiritualityTanot Mata Mandir: History, Timings, When To Visit, And The War Miracles
- horoscopeDaily Horoscope, 13 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- festivalsSwarna Gauri Vrat 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Vrat Katha, And Celebrations
- zodiac signsSun Transit In Leo On 17 August 2022: Effects And Remedies On 12 Zodiac Signs