- 10 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 11 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 12 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 12 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat falls on the fourth day of the fortnight. There are two Chaturthis in every month as per Hindu calendar. While the one falling during Krishna Paksha is known as Sankashti Chaturthi, the other falling during Shukla Paksha is known as Vinayaka Chaturthi. Vinayaka Chaturthi is observed as a fasting day.
There are twelve VInayaka Chaturthis in a year. One of these Chaturthis is observed as a very popular festival. All the other Chaturthis are observed as fasting days. Given below, are the further details required for the Vinayaka Chaturthi fast. Take a look.
February Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat Date, Time
Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat in February would fall on 8 February. While it would be Bhadrapad Nakshatra on this Chaturthi Tithi, the auspicious Puja timings would be from 11.30 am to 1.41 pm.
Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat Vidhi
The devotees should get up early and take bath during the Brahma Muhurat. Wearing red-coloured clothes is believed to be auspicious. Getting up early helps win the heart of not just Lord Ganesha but all the Gods. Moreover, it is said that the concentration capacity of the mind is pretty much higher in the early hours of the morning. Hence, the devotee is able to concentrate better.
Installing The Idol Of Lord Ganesha
Install an idol of Lord Ganesha at the place of worship. The idol can be made of any metal (gold, silver, copper, zinc, etc. or even clay). Take a vow of fasting and then offer the Puja before the idol of Lord Ganesha and perform the Arti. Offer some vermilion to Lord Ganesha. Chant the Mantra - Om Gam Ganpataye Namah.
Bhoga On Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat
Also offer twenty-one strands of Durva grass while offering these to Lord Ganesha. Offer 21 laddus to Lord Ganesha. Of these, 5 laddus should be donated to a priest, five left before Lord Ganesha and the rest should be distributed among the devotees as prasad.
Stotras To Chant On Vinayaka Chaturthi
Chant Ganesha Stotra, Atharvashirsha, and Sankatnashak Stotra. Invite a priest for food, and offer something as Dakshina (usually money is given). You can eat food in the evening or observe a fast the entire day. In the evening you can chant the Ganesha Chaturthi Katha, Ganesha Stuti, Sri Ganesh Sahasranamavali, Ganesha Chalisa, Ganesha Namavali, chant the mantra - Om Ganeshaya Namah.
Benefits Of Vinayaka Chaturthi Vrat
It is said that while Ganesha always blesses his devotees with luck and wisdom, he blesses them with prosperity as well, on this day. It is also said that girls observing this fast get good luck in marriage. Hence, there is a tradition to observe a fast on this day.