- 27 min ago Shani Asta 2022: Know The Effect Of Shani Tara Asta On These Four Zodiac Signs
- 57 min ago COVID-19 Treatment: Govt Issues Revised Guidelines On Use Of Drugs, Therapies
- 1 hr ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Eggless Banana Pancakes
- 16 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Oats Upma
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League PKL 2021-22: Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Telugu Titans Dream11 Prediction and Fantasy Tips
- Automobiles Skoda Slavia Delivery Timeline Revealed: Deliveries To Commence From March Onwards
- Movies Gehraiyaan: Deepika Padukone Reveals Why Working On Shakun Batra's Film Set Is Exhausting
- Finance 3 Stocks To Buy With Strong Balance Sheets & Healthy Dividend Yields
- Technology Redmi Note 11 Series Global Launch Set For January 26
- News India logs over 2.82 lakh new cases, 441 deaths in last 24 hours
- Education JPSC Admit Card 2021 For Combined Civil Services Mains Exam Released At jpsc.gov.in
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Karnataka In Winter Of 2022
Every Hindu month has two Ekadashis, one falling during the Krishna Paksha or the dark fortnight and the other during Shukla Paksha or the bright fortnight. Thus, there are twenty four Ekadashis in a year. Every Ekadashi is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is considered to be the most auspicious day to worship him.
Each of these Ekadashis is known by a different name that highlights its significance. For instance, the one that will be observed on 1 April 2019, is known as Papmochani Ekadashi. It is so named because observing this auspicious day is believed to help one get rid of all the past sins. Let us explore some more about the auspicious day.
Papmochani Ekadashi 2019 Date
According to the Purnimant calendar, Papmochani Ekadashi falls during the Krishna Paksha in Chaitra month and during Krishna Paksha of Phalgun month as per the Amavasyant calendar. However, while the difference is only in the names of the months due to a time gap of a fortnight, the festival falls on the same day.
Papmochani Ekadashi Tithi, Muhurat & Parana Details
Papmochani Ekadashi tithi will begin at 3.23 am on 31 March and will end at 6.04 am on 1 April. The Parana time would be from 5.35 am to 8.02 am on 2 April. The Parana is always performed on Dwadashi. Dwadashi will end at 8.38 am on 2 April. On 1 April, sunrise will happen at 5.36 am and sunset at 5.53 pm.
Papmochani Ekadashi Puja Vidhi
The devotees should get up early and take a holy bath or bath at home if Holy bath is not possible. Bath has to be taken before sunrise, during the Brahma Muhurat. Make sure the place of worship of the puja room is properly cleaned before beginning the puja. Light a diya and incense before the idol of Lord Vishnu. Offer fruits, yellow flowers, tulsi leaves, sandalwood tilak and a yellow-coloured sweet. Narrate the vrat katha followed by the Ekadashi Arti. Thereafter, ask for God's blessings.
Papmochani Ekadashi Vrat Vidhi
Do not eat anything the entire day, perform the parana only after sunrise of the next day. The Parana should be done only during the prescribed auspicious time (pratahkal). Before that, either it is Hari Vasara or Madhyahana, both of which are not considered good for performing Parana. On the Parana day, one should first offer food to a priest.
Depending on the tradition followed in a region, there are minor differences in the way this festival is observed. For instance, some people observe the Ekadashi fast by eating fruits alone, or eating a meal once in a day (this meal should not consist of cereals and beans). Chestnuts, buckwheat flour, millet rice, etc., are the most common foods on this day.
- festivalsEkadashi 2022 Dates, Timings, Rituals And Significance
- festivalsKamika Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsKamada Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsPapmochani Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance
- festivalsSaphala Ekadashi 2021: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Vrat Katha & Significance Of This Day
- faith mysticismParama Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsPadmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsNirjala Ekadashi 2021: Here’s The Date, Muhurta, Rituals & Significance Of This Festival
- festivalsVaikuntha Ekadashi 2020: Puja Vidhi And Vrat Katha
- festivalsVaikuntha Ekadashi 2020: Know About The Date, Time And Significance
- festivalsJaya Ekadashi Vrat Vidhi, Puja Vidhi, Rules and Benefits
- festivalsShattila Ekadashi 2019: Benefits, Fasting Procedure & Vrat Katha