- 9 hrs ago Meet The Indian Baba Who Has Not Washed His Hair For 40 Years
- 1 day ago Mahira Khan Makes Us Want To Attend A Wedding Right Now With Her Breathtaking Sari
- 1 day ago Exclusive: Doctor Shares How Parents Can Reduce Screen Time For Kids to Counter Myopia Risk
- 1 day ago Kalki Koechlin Just Made This Monsoon A Little More Fun With Dreamy Blue Eye Make-up!
- News Not elected to clean your toilets: BJP's Sadhvi Pragya
- Sports Juventus 2-3 Tottenham: Kane's stunning strike from halfway line seals ICC win
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 3 Opening Episode Live Updates: Contestants' List, Nagarjuna's Return To TV & More
- Technology Bluetooth Missing From Windows 10 Device Manager – Here’s The Fix
- Education SBI Clerk Mains Admit Card 2019 Next Week
- Automobiles Anand Mahindra Tweets About Creative Parking Space: Fashioned From A Plastic Overhead Water Tank
- Finance HDFC Bank Q1 Profit Jumps 21%; Announces Interim Dividend And Share Split
- Travel Magical Destinations To Visit In South India During Monsoon
Mauni Amavasya will be observed on 4 February, Monday. It being a Monday, is considered to be an auspicious occurrence. It is said that observing a fast on this day is considered to bring lots of benefits to the devotees. It is a highly auspicious day for making donations as well.
However, there are some things that we should never do on a Mauni Amavasya. Given below is the list of five things one should never do on a Mauni Amavasya. Take a look.
Waking Up Late
Hindu scriptures highly emphasize on waking up during the early hours between 4 am to 6 am, that is before sunrise. It is said that waking up late is a trait of the demons. Such habits attract negative energies towards a person. These negative energies are also more predominant on an Amavasya. Hence, it is advisable that one does not sleep till late on Mauni Amavasya.
Getting up early, one should not speak, take bath and offer prayers to God. You can add black sesame seeds in the water kept for bathing.
No Physical Relations
Because of the same reason, that negative energies are predominant on this day, it is also advised that a couple should not have physical relations on this day. It is believed that a baby born due to a union made on this day, might be born with physical deformities.
Do Not Displease The Ancestors
Mauni Amavasya is a day when we should try to please our ancestors. People adopt various methods for pleasing them. They even adopt remedies for asking them for forgiveness of various mistakes committed intentionally or unintentionally. However, not many people know that anger is one of the things that displease the ancestors. Hence, one should try not to be angry on this day. Violence should also be avoided.
Disrespecting The Unprivileged
While it is a day when donations are considered of prime importance, disrespecting, hurting or humiliating the needy might bring the wrath of God. Hence, one should try to be considerate towards them, not just on Amavasya but always in fact.
Standing Under Certain Trees
Another very common belief is that negative energies prevail around a banyan tree, Mehendi tree (or Hina tree) and a Peepal tree (Peepal tree not in a temple). They become predominant on Amavasya. Hence, it is advised that one should not go under these trees on this day. Moreover, the significance of chanting God's name on this day also increases because of this.