- 34 min ago Rani Lakshmi Bai: Some Unknown Facts About The Valiant And Brave Queen Of Jhansi
- 55 min ago Happy Birthday Nayanthara: Five Times The South Star Slayed In Western And Ethnic Outfits
- 1 hr ago Manisha Koirala Looks Elegant As Ever In Her Chikankari Anarkali
- 3 hrs ago Heart Failure: Causes, Types, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Automobiles Jawa Motorcycles To Streamline Bookings & Delivery Process Of All Models: Reduce Waiting Period
- Sports Oman vs India 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers: Preview, Where to watch, live streaming
- Movies Watch Now: Shah Rukh Khan's Daughter Suhana's First Short Film Is Out & Fans Are Shook!
- Technology TikTok Owner ByteDance Has New Music Streaming Service In Store
- News Heavy rush of pilgrims at Sabarimala Temple
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Gain 23% On FM Sitharaman’s Comments
- Travel Hajo - The Pride Of Assam
- Education JEE Main 2020 Sample Question Paper With Solution For Numerical Value Section
Guru Purnima marks the Hindu tradition of paying respect to all the Gurus and academic teachers who have guided their disciples and students with knowledge and wisdom. This day is believed to be the birth anniversary of Ved Vyasa, the author and a character in the Hindu epic Mahabharata. Buddhists also believe that Gautam Buddha gave his first sermon at Sarnath in UP on this day. This year, Guru Purnima will be celebrated on 16 July.
Gurus have played a significant role in the Hindu tradition and have been regarded as the apostles of God and the second parents to their disciples. Students generally pay respect to their teachers by remembering them, offering gifts to them and seeking their blessings on this day.
This is the best day to appreciate your role models, teachers, spiritual guides and parents for their tireless efforts towards making your life better.
Guru Purnima Messages And Quotes
Here is a collection of few quotes and messages you can send to your favourite Gurus to make them feel special on this auspicious day.
Today is the best day to pay tribute to your Guru. On this auspicious day of Guru Purnima, make an oath for your life to follow the steps of your Guru. Happy Guru Purnima.
"There is no deity superior to the Guru, no gain better than the Guru's grace, no state higher than meditation on the Guru."
"He alone teaches who has something to give, for teaching is not talking, teaching is not imparting doctrines, it is communicating."
- Swami Vivekananda
You introduced me to myself and showed me the right way. Thanks for making me who I am. Wish you a happy Guru Purnima Day.
"Guru and God both appear before me. To whom should I prostrate? I bow before Guru who introduced God to me."