- 9 hrs ago Amazing Health Benefits Of Banana For Men: Good For Heart, Sexual Problems And Hair Growth
- 10 hrs ago Airport Fashion: Janhvi Kapoor, Katrina Kaif, And Other Actresses Show Us How To Look Comfortably Chic
- 13 hrs ago Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2021: Tahira Kashyap Khurrana Gives A Reminder Of Self-love
- 13 hrs ago Kareena Kapoor Khan’s Latest Look Is About Blending Sportswear With Traditional Couture
- News Centre in HC defends IT rule requiring WhatsApp to trace originator of message
- Movies Bigg Boss 15 October 22 Highlights: Junglewasis Enter The Main House After Losing Prize Money Worth Rs 25 Lakh
- Sports Jaismine, Basumatary ease into second round on Day 2 at 5th Elite Women's National Boxing Championships
- Technology Honor X30i Key Features Revealed Via New Leak; Launch Anticipated On October 25
- Finance This Small Cap Plastics Company Announces 2:1 Bonus Issue
- Automobiles Mercedes-Benz Creates The Most Transparent Retail Experience
- Education UPSC CDS II Admit Card 2021 Released At upsc.gov.in, Here’s How To Download Hall Tickets
- Travel Gujarat's Ten Best Winter Destinations
Basant Panchami is a day of celebration of all things fresh and happy. On this day, on one hand, wisdom is celebrated and on the other hand, love is honoured. While it marks the beginning of the spring season, the winters come to end with it. This year Basant Panchami will be celebrated on 16 February 2021.
People worship Goddess Saraswati and seek her blessings on Basant Panchami. She is said to be the patron of all knowledge and wisdom. She is also the Goddess of arts, music, technology and science as well as speech. This is the reason that Basant Panchami is also known as Saraswati Panchami, Saraswati Puja or Shri Panchami.
As the day is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati, little children on this day, are introduced to the world of education in a ritual known as Akshar Abhyas, Vidya Praasana or Vidya Arambh. Colleges, schools and other educational institutions offer Puja to the Goddess and seek her blessings.
Basant Panchami is a day dedicated to love too. It is said that the muhurta of Basant Panchami is the best in the year to tie the knot. This day is so auspicious that community marriages are organized for hundreds of couples together.
Muhurt For Basant Panchami
Vasant Panchami Muhurat will start on 16 February from 06:59 AM and continue till 12:35 PM. The duration will be 05 Hours 37 Mins.
Vasant Panchami Madhyahna Moment - 12:35 PM and Panchami Tithi Begins - 03:36 AM on Feb 16, 2021. Panchami Tithi Ends - 05:46 AM on Feb 17, 2021.
There are certain things that if done on the day of Basant Panchami, brings an immense amount of good fortune to the family. In today's article, we shall talk about those.
Astrological Tips For Basant Panchami
Lotus Flower At The Place Of Worship
Place a lotus flower in the area of worship in your house on Basant Panchami. Lotus flower is considered very auspicious in the Hindu religion. Placing it in the area of worship will please Goddess Saraswati and Goddess Lakshmi both as both goddesses are fond of lotus flowers.
Among the many things that bring auspiciousness and take away negativity is the peacock feather. It is believed that placing peacock feathers in the children's bedroom is quite beneficial, especially if your baby is sick and lacks energy. All negativity will be sucked away and your baby will be back to his old self. If your household is ridden with sickness and afflictions, place the feather in the Puja room on Basant Panchami day to banish all the negativity.
Keep A Veena In The House
Veena is one of the most auspicious and holy musical instruments. Goddess Saraswati is seen playing Veena, which symbolises the importance of art and music in one's life. Legends believe that keeping Veena in your house can bring good luck, prosperity and wisdom into your house. In case, you can't get a real Veena, you can also go for a smaller model of it.
Install The Picture Of A Swan
Goddess Saraswati is often seen being seated on a swan. She uses it as her vehicle. On the Vasant Panchami day, install an idol or a picture of swans in the area frequently used by you and your family members.
The image of the swan will bring peace, wisdom and happiness to your household.
Chant The Following Mantra
Chant the following mantra on the Basant Panchami day to boost your luck.
Pratham Bharti Naam Dwitiya Cha Saraswati
Tritiya Sharda Devi Chaturtha Vahini
Pancham Jagtikhyata Shashtham Vaagishwari Tatha
Saptam Kumudi Prokta Ashthame Brahmacharini
Navam Buddhidatri Cha Dashamam Vardayini
Ekadasham Chandrakanti, Dwadasham Bhuwaneshwari
Dwadashetani Naamani Trisandhya Yah Padenarah
Jihavaagre Vasate Nityam Brahamarupa Saraswati