- 1 hr ago Daily Horoscope 11 December 2019
- 10 hrs ago This Viral Video Of Chimpanzee Carefully Washing A T-Shirt Will Leave You Surprised
- 10 hrs ago Man Eats 'Banana Art' Worth USD 120,000, Says He Isn't Sorry!
- 12 hrs ago This Company Will Allow Their LGBTQ+ Employees To Avail HR Benefits On Declaring Their Partner
- Movies Happy Birthday Dilip Kumar: How Amitabh Bachchan & Shah Rukh Khan Have Hero-worshipped The Thespian
- Technology Amazon Headsets Fest Offers You Can Get On Headphones, Earphones, Truly Wireless Earbuds And More
- Sports Salzburg 0-2 Liverpool: Keita and Salah see Reds through in thrilling clash
- News Senior Shiv Sena leader hints at patch-up with BJP, says 'Uddhav will take decision at right time'
- Finance Yes Bank Defers Decision On Allotment Of Shares To Citax; Braich's Bid Under Discussion
- Travel 7 Beautiful Churches in India For The Perfect Christmas Holiday
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
The festival of lights has finally arrived and the whole country is preparing to welcome Goddess Lakshmi into their homes.
Diwali is a five-day celebration in our country, Dhanteras being the first day. Dhanteras is a very important day for the Hindus all over the country. It is the thirteenth day of the Hindu month of Karthik. "Dhan" means wealth and "Teras" means the thirteenth day. It is the day when Goddess Lakshmi emerged out of the ocean during the churning of the sea.
This day is very auspicious for everyone. People buy new items like gold, silver or any other metallic items and bring it home. This way, Goddess Lakshmi herself enters our homes. Houses and office premises are cleaned and decorated with flowers and diyas.
Goddess Lakshmi is said to be the Goddess of abundant wealth. It is very important to please Goddess Lakshmi into our homes, as it will bring in lots of wealth, luck and happiness throughout the year. Lord Kuber is also another important deity who is worshipped on the day of Dhanteras. Lord Kuber is said to be the preserver of wealth. He is said to contain all the riches of the world.
Along with Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Kuber should also be pleased with us and bestow his blessings to everyone. The best way to please Lord Kuber is by chanting his mantra.
The Kubera Mantra
Om Yakshaya Kuberaya Vaishravanaya Dhanadhanyadhipataye
Dhanadhanyasamriddhim Me Dehi Dapaya Svaha
Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Shreem Kleem Vitteshvaraya Namah
Om Hreem Shreem Kreem Shreem Kuberaya Ashta-Lakshmi
Mama Grihe Dhanam Puraya Puraya Namah
Significance Of The Kuber Mantra
The Kuber mantra is said to be a powerful weapon to invoke Lord Kuber. It is said that whoever chants the Kuber Mantra 108 times regularly for three months, Lord Kuber showers his blessings on them. The Kuber mantra should be chanted early in the morning after taking a bath, in front of the Lord's image.
Regular chanting of this mantra is said to bring wealth into the house and it also helps keep all the evil away. On the day of the Dhanteras, the women of the house should be dressed in new clothes, preferably in red or yellow colour.
A rangoli should be made near the entrance of the house. Make a foot-print of Goddess Lakshmi with a paste of rice, in the direction of the entrance of the house. Light a diya in front of the goddess and perform aarti. Make sure to light a total of 14 diyas around the house.
Including the Kuber mantra in the Dhanteras pooja aarti is said to be extremely beneficial. You can either worship the Lord's statue or even a Jewellery box or a Safe, which represents the Lord.
If it is a box you are worshipping, adore it with a swastika sign and sindoor before proceeding with the pooja. Start meditating and chanting the Kuber mantra. Offer rice and flowers to the idol/box while chanting. Light incense sticks.
This pooja will definitely please Lord Kuber and he will bless you and your entire family with abundance of wealth throughout.Have a Happy and Wealthy Dhanteras!