- 6 min ago International Albinism Awareness Day 2021: What Is Albinism? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- 2 hrs ago Shilpa Shetty Kundra Stuns In Her Saree-Inspired Black Outfit With Interesting Palla And Silver Jewellery
- 3 hrs ago Kalla Reh Jayenga: Nikki Tamboli Raise Fashion Quotient A Notch Up With Her Shimmering Powder-Blue Lehenga
- 4 hrs ago Sherni Promotions: Vidya Balan Plays With Bold Hues And Subtle Patterns For The Latest Promotional Rounds
- Movies Kanye West Unfollows Ex-Wife Kim Kardashian & Her Sisters Amid Dating Rumours With Irina Shayk
- News Covid-19: UK considers up to 4-week delay to end of lockdown due to Delta variant
- Technology Reliance Jio, Airtel, And Vi Prepaid Plans With 28 Days Validity Under Rs. 500
- Finance 4 Stocks Sharekhan Is Suggesting To Buy For Long Term Investors
- Automobiles Audi e-Tron Arrives At Showrooms; India Launch On The Cards!
- Sports 16 years of Sunil Chhetri in international football
- Education CBSE Introduces Free Online Course To Train Teachers On Storytelling As Pedagogy
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In June
The birth anniversary of Lord Shani is celebrated on the day of Shani Jayanti. Shani Jayanti is celebrated each year on the Amavasya tithi of the month Jyeshta. This year, Shani Jayanti falls on 9 and 10 June.
Lord Shani is a dreaded God in the Hindu Mythology. The amount of power he has upon our birth charts is immense. Often, the arrival of Shani Dasha is dreaded.
Rightfully so, because it is said that even Lord Shiva had to beg for alms when affected by Shani Dasha. As mere mortals, we humans stand no chance against the malicious effects of the Shani Dasha.
It would be wrong to presume that Shani Dasha brings only ill effects. Rare as the cases maybe, if the position of Shani Dev is positive in your birth chart, you shall be rewarded immensely during the Shani Dasha. It is also possible to please Lord Shani with certain rituals. Doing so will bring you immense prosperity and good luck.
If you are suffering from the bad effects of Lord Shani, Shani Dasha is the perfect day to correct it. If you do not know whether you are under the effects of Shani Dasha or not, then there are some signs you can look for.
If you are a student and no matter how hard you work, you never seem to reap enough marks, it might be due to the effects of Shani Dev.
If your hard work is never recognized at the place of your work, it might be because of Shani Dasha.
Joint pains are often the indicators of troubles of Shani.
If you find that your shoes and sandals get destroyed easily or if you tend to misplace or lose them often, it might be an indicator of Shani Dasha.
If you have suddenly become lazy or sluggish and have lost the motivation to work, Shani Dasha might be the reason behind it. You can also check with an astrologer to confirm if you are under the influence of Shani Dasha.
Now, let us know about a little bit of Dasharatha's Shani Stotra and the significance of it.
Dasharatha's Shani Stotra
It is said that the planet Shani enters the star constellation of Rohini every 30 years. This is seen as being a very unlucky time. It was believed to be especially unlucky for the Kings and their countries.
The effects of this transit are the death of the King, the change of dynasties, destruction of the country due to floods or drought and other enormous catastrophes.
It is said that when King Dasharatha was the ruler of Ayodhya, he chanted the Shani Stotra. Lord Shani was pleased with the Stotra and skipped Ayodhya and King Dasharatha when he entered the Rohini constellation at that time.
Given below is the same Dasharatha's Shani Stotra. People who are suffering from the ill effects of Shani can chant this Stotra to get relief from the dosha to find peace and stay away from the ill effects.
Dhyaathwa Saraswatim Devim Gananatham Vinayakam.
Raja Dasharathah sthothram Saureridhamathakaroth.
Namo Neela mayukhaya Neelothpala nibhaya cha,
Namo Nirmaansa dehaaya Deergha shmashru jataaya cha,
Namo Vishaala nethraaya Shushkodhara bhayaanaka
Namah parushagathraya sthularomaaya Vai namah
Namo nithyam Kshudhaarthaaya Nithyathapthaya Vai namah
Namah Kaalaagni rupaaya Krthaanthaka namoshthuthe,
Nameste Kotaraakshaaya Durnireekshyaaya Vai namah
Namo Ghoraaya Raudraaya Bheeshanaaya Karaaline
Nameste Sarva bhakshaaya Valeemukha namosthuthe
Surya putra namestesthu bhaskare bhaya dhayaka
Adho-drushte namasthubhyam vapuhshyaama namosthuthe
Namo Manda-gathe thubhyam nisthrinshaaya namo namah
Thapasa dagdha-dehaya nithyam yogarathaya cha
Namesthe gyaana nethraya kashyapathmaja sunave
Thushto dadasi Vai raajyam rushto harasi Thathkshanaath
Devaasura manushyaashcha pasupakshisareesrpaah
Thvaya vilokithaah saure dainyamaashu Vrjanti cha
Brahmaa shakro yamashchaiva rishayah saptha-tharakaah
Rajya bhrashtaashcha t'e sarve thava drishtyaa vilokithaah
Deshaa nagara graamaa dweepashechai vaadrayasththaa
Raudra Dhrushtyaa t'u ye drushtaah kshayam gacchanti thath kshanaath
Prasaadam Kuru me saure varaartheham thavaashrithah
Saure kshamasvaaparaadham sarvabhutha hithaayacha