- 7 hrs ago What Are Phytonutrients? What Are Their Benefits To Human Health?
- 10 hrs ago Mars Transit in Pisces On 17 May 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- 12 hrs ago Cannes Film Festival's First Female President: Iris Knobloch
- 14 hrs ago World Hypertension Day: Hypertension, Holistic Healthcare Through Ayurveda And Yoga (Expert Article)
- News Explained: Gyanvapi Mosque row and the relevance of the Places of Worship Act
- Sports MI vs SRH IPL 2022: Full List of Award Winners, Man of The Match, Post Match Presentation, Scorecard, Records
- Movies Nakuul Mehta Says He Hasn't Switched On TV For The Last 2 Years After His Son Was Born For THIS Reason
- Finance This Is How RBI’s DigiSaathi Will Help You
- Education World AIDS Vaccine Day 2022: History, Significance And Quotes About HIV Vaccine Awareness Day
- Travel Best Museums In Bangalore
- Automobiles Keeway K-Light 250V, Viesta 300 & Sixties 300i Revealed Ahead Of Launch
- Technology OnePlus Ace Racing Edition Spotted On India’s Official Website; Launch Expected Soon
Ugadi is the celebration of the Hindu New Year in Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka and this year it falls on 02 April 2022. This is celebrated on Chaitra Shukla Pratipada.
As this is the New Year, according to the Hindu Calendar, it is celebrated under different names in several parts of India. Every festival has its own significance and customs.
If you know the importance behind the rituals of festivals, the enjoyment of celebrating the occasion can be doubled.
Do you know the significance of Bevu Bella for Ugadi? Bevu Bella (in Karnataka) or Ugadi Pachadi (in Andhra Pradesh) is a special recipe that is eaten in these states on Ugadi. According to Drik Panchang, Telugu Shaka Samvat 1944 Begins. Ugadi will be celebrated on Saturday, April 2, 2022. The Padyami Tithi begins at 11:53 on Apr 01, 2022, and the Padyami Tithi ends at 11:58 on Apr 02, 2022, with the old women singing hymns and chanting mantras.
Then, comes the ritual of the oil bath. Bevu Bella is eaten on this day as a must-have food. What is it actually? People have jaggery and neem together along with the other four ingredients.
This is a paste made of jaggery, neem, raw mango, pepper, salt and tamarind juice. Why only these ingredients? There must be some significance of Bevu Bella for Ugadi.
Do you know what jaggery and neem leaves signify in Ugadi? What are the meanings of other ingredients? Actually, Ugadi is celebrated to welcome New Year, which will bring abundance, prosperity and happiness to your life.
Besides, the Bevu Bella stands for the 6 emotions of human life, which are believed to be guiding principles of human life. Have a look at what jaggery and neem leaves signify in Ugadi.
6 Tastes-6 Emotions:
The ingredients of Bevu Bella are of 6 different tastes. Each of these tastes symbolize the ups and downs of your life. It signifies that may the occasion bring new days to you; however, human life is full of these emotions that show us the right path of life.
Neem Leaves Signify Sadness:
When you think what jaggery and neem leaves signify in Ugadi, you must know that neem leaves stand for bitterness in life. Human life cannot be a happy ride. You have to accept the bitterness of life present around you.
Jaggery Signifies Sweetness:
This is definitely an important significance of Bevu Bella for Ugadi. No matter what comes in your life, if you accept everything with a smiling face, the problems will seem easier. Jaggery in Bevu Bella signifies only that.
Pepper Signifies Anger:
Every human being has anger as one of his/her guiding emotions. Some know how to control it, whereas others misuse their emotions. In Ugadi, swallow your anger in the form of pepper and start your life anew.
Salt Signifies Fear
What is the other significance of Bevu Bella for Ugadi? Do you know salt symbolises fear? Yes, it is the fear that can prevent you from committing blunders while it is the fear only that can hold you back from achieving something new. So, it is up to you on how you're going to use it.
Tamarind Signifies Disgust:
The sour taste of tamarind symbolises disgust in your life. If you know how to control it, you will be more attentive and focussed in your life and can achieve your goals more easily.
Mango Signifies Surprise:
This is last but not the least significance of Bevu Bella for Ugadi. You can go through all emotional phases, but without a little surprise in life, you don't get the spark of being alive. As raw mango in Bevu Bella gives you a tangy taste suddenly, the surprises of your life should keep charging you on to attempt new things.
- decorHappy Ugadi: 7 Expert Home Decor Ideas For Celebrating Ugadi Festival
- festivalsUgadi 2022: Date, Time, Puja Rituals, Legends, Celebration And Significance
- festivalsGudi Padwa 2022: Date, Time, History, Significance And Celebrations
- bollywood wardrobeUgadi And Baisakhi 2021: Spruce Up Your Festive Look With Celebs-Inspired Traditional Suits
- lifeUgadi 2022: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share With Your Loved Ones
- festivalsUgadi 2022: Date, Muhurta, Rituals And Significance Of This Festival
- fashion trendsFresh Beginnings! Ace Your Regional Look This New Year With Exquisite Kalyan Jewellers Jewellery
- bollywood wardrobeSai Pallavi And Lakshmi Manchu Show Us How To Slay It In Cool Blue Traditional Outfits
- bollywood wardrobeHappy Birthday Avika Gor: 5 Times The Actress Gave Wedding Fashion Goals In Her Stunning Lehengas
- bollywood wardrobeGudi Padwa And Ugadi 2020: Bollywood Divas-Inspired Fashion Ideas For Stay-At-Home Celebrations
- festivalsDasra, Ugadi, Karaga - 8 Most Popular Festivals Of Karnataka
- festivalsUgadi 2022: The legends associated with This Festival