- 7 hrs ago 73% Population Of Odisha Has Developed Antibodies Against COVID: ICMR Survey
- 8 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Celebrates Spring Stylishly In The Fall; Posts A Cute Set Of Pictures With Randhir Kapoor
- 8 hrs ago Benefits Of Pomegranate For Babies: When To Introduce And Things To Remember
- 12 hrs ago Janhvi Kapoor And Ananya Panday Flaunt Green Outfits At The Global Citizen Live 2021 Event
- Technology Flipkart The Big Billion Days Sale: Discount Offers On Realme 8s 5G, Realme C21Y, Realme Narzo 30 5G, And More
- News UP relaxes Covid lockdown norms for functions at open spaces
- Movies Shah Rukh Khan: Gauri Says I Overact All The Time And I Do Not Even Look Good On Screen [Flashback]
- Sports IPL 2021: BCCI announce time change for October 8 doubleheader; to host both games at same time
- Automobiles eBikeGo To Install 1 lakh IoT Enabled Charging Stations In India
- Finance Crisil Upgrades Bharti Airtel's Long-Term Rating to AA+; Short-Term Rating Reaffirmed
- Education JMI Entrance Exam Result 2021 Declared For All Courses, Check JMI Result Link
- Travel Top 10 Places To Visit In Karnataka in Winter
The Holy Bible is worshiped, respected and honoured in every Christian home. Verses from the Holy Book are read everyday by the members of the family.
The Holy Bible is also considered to be one of the most widely read books in the world. For Jews and Christians, The Holy Bible is an absolute authority in guiding the morality and beliefs.
The powerful book of God teaches Christians the story of Jesus Christ. It also imparts knowledge on how one should value the life given by God, how to be a blessing to one another and how to love thy neighbour.
With its many morals and beliefs, there are many Christians nowadays who commit sin after sin on a daily basis, without even realising it. The Holy Bible teaches its people not to sin. It also teaches its people not to do the things that are wrong, not to follow worldly pleasures and to seek God in the right form without committing a sin.
It is said that The Holy Bible forbids many things people love to do. And in all honesty there is nothing wrong with most of these things given on the list, at least by modern standards.
Here are some of the things The Bible bans but we do anyway; take a look at the verses stated below:
The Bible Bans Tattoos
According to the book of Leviticus 19:28 it reads: "You shall not make any cuts in your body for the dead nor make any tattoo marks on yourselves: I am the Lord."
The Bible Bans Revealing Clothes
According to 1 Timothy 2:9 : "I also want the women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety."
The Bible Bans Fashion
1 Timothy 2:9 : "Likewise, I want women to adorn themselves with proper clothing, modestly and discreetly, not with braided hair and gold or pearls or costly garments."
The Bible Bans Divorce
In the book of Mark 10:11-12, "And He said to them, ‘Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.'"
The Bible Bans Pork
The book of Leviticus 11:7-8 states, "And the pig, though it has a divided hoof, does not chew the cud; it is unclean for you. You must not eat their meat or touch their carcasses; they are unclean for you."
The Bible Bans Gossiping
Psalm 101:5 states, "Whoever slanders their neighbor in secret, I will put to silence; whoever has haughty eyes and a proud heart, I will not tolerate."
The Bible Bans Exotic Food
Leviticus 11:28-29 reads:"These also shall be unclean unto you among the creeping things that creep upon the earth; the weasel, and the mouse, and the tortoise after his kind, and the ferret, and the chameleon, and the lizard, and the snail, and the mole."
The Bible Bans Homosexuality
Leviticus 18:22 reads: "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
The Bible Bans Working On Sabbath
Exodus 31:14-15 reads: "Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death."
The Bible Bans Haircuts
Leviticus 19:27 states: "You shall not round off the side-growth of your heads . . ." and Leviticus 19:27 also reads: "neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard."